World Handicap System

wjemather

Visit site
I did post #1237 and the ld hs still not been allotted a handicap. He has submitted 4 scores which would have given him a handicap of 7.1. No problem there. However he did have a WHS number from Dubai and submitted 3 scores in 2019 which he was not aware of when he submitted. This is a genuine mistake, no problem of cheating.

However my question is:Why were his details not transferred from Dubai. 1015002760 is his WHS number. Perhaps some of you more knowledgeable guys can show the way forward. Many thanks
Thanks BB. What about his 3 scores from 2019?
The best thing would be to get hold of a copy of his Dubai handicap record, which would include all the adjusted gross scores, course details and PCCs. Any valid scores from that record would then need to be manually input onto the EG WHS system by the handicap committee at your club.

I'm not seeing anyone of the same (or similar) name on the EG WHS system other than the one with the CDH/membership number given, so it would appear that your club has not set him up on WHS (which will be why he doesn't have his handicap yet); in which case they should be adding his existing CDH as a member of your club, which will then include his 3 scores from 2019, before adding his recent scores.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The best thing would be to get hold of a copy of his Dubai handicap record, which would include all the adjusted gross scores, course details and PCCs. Any valid scores from that record would then need to be manually input onto the EG WHS system by the handicap committee at your club.

I'm not seeing anyone of the same (or similar) name on the EG WHS system other than the one with the CDH/membership number given, so it would appear that your club has not set him up on WHS (which will be why he doesn't have his handicap yet); in which case they should be adding his existing CDH as a member of your club, which will then include his 3 scores from 2019, before adding his recent scores.
Thanks for such a helpful response, really appreciated

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There was an18 and 9 hole Comp. at our place yesterday.

The results were published today see below:

Meanwhile in the 9 hole competition, Dave Pearson fought hard to claim the 9 hole competition victory. Sadly as Dave was the only entrant the score won't count!

Is this correct and his score was not on England Golf. I.e. not added for handicap purposes.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
There was an18 and 9 hole Comp. at our place yesterday.

The results were published today see below:

Meanwhile in the 9 hole competition, Dave Pearson fought hard to claim the 9 hole competition victory. Sadly as Dave was the only entrant the score won't count!

Is this correct and his score was not on England Golf. I.e. not added for handicap purposes.
Number of entrants makes no difference, a qualifying score is a qualifying score

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks BB.

Can he win The Comp? Not his fault that nobody else entered.

I don't think there is any issue with cancelling the comp as a comp on the basis of just a single entry, assuming his entry fee is refunded.

But as mentioned above, the score should absolutely count as a qualifying score and be added to his handicap record.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks BB.

Can he win The Comp? Not his fault that nobody else entered.

He can win the comp where I play but would get back less than he paid to enter as the club takes an administration fee from every comp to cover cost of engraving and trophies.

We often have just 2 ladies in the Saturday ladies comp.