World Handicap System (WHS)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Nothing there that I can see in either document. Perhaps, at last, your membership no/CDH really is life long, not sure what would/will happen with the old - can’t remember - merchant.

Its not so much the membership or CDH number that is the issue here.....its the actual handicap itself.....how long can a player have not been a member of another club before you have the right to ask him to submit three more cards to re-liven his handicap when he joins your club....do you then have to accept his newly calculated index as his handicap? If he joins your club less than 6 months after leavign his old club....does his index automatically become live again? If he joins your club 2 years after leaving his old club...does his index immediately become live again?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes....it gave me a list of my playing partners but wouldn't allow me to select any of them.

Seemingly it didn't like me just writing their name in as my marker before starting the round...the app wanted me to select from specific member records from our club. Now sorted but my attestor is now trying to figure out how he goes about verifying my score...he's got a message via the App but it doesnt give him any clues as to how to verify the score.
Ah right. Hid was also doing a score so we'd selected each other as PP so was only her name to choose from. Took me a while to realises you had to click on the box and not attester/marker ??.
Hope all goes through OK tonight ?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its not so much the membership or CDH number that is the issue here.....its the actual handicap itself.....how long can a player have not been a member of another club before you have the right to ask him to submit three more cards to re-liven his handicap when he joins your club....do you then have to accept his newly calculated index as his handicap? If he joins your club less than 6 months after leavign his old club....does his index automatically become live again? If he joins your club 2 years after leaving his old club...does his index immediately become live again?

Good question. Wouldn’t this be like a club member who rarely plays in qualifiers?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Well he has got a message now asking to attest my score....but when he clicks on the right arrow next to the message....it does nothing.

I'm wondering if its because he is an iPhone user...it seems that currently the Apple version of the App doesnt allow "score entry" (I've just downloaded it on the wifes IPhone and logged on and it doesnt give the option)....wondering if you need the "enter score" feature to be able to attest to scores?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Good question. Wouldn’t this be like a club member who rarely plays in qualifiers?

In some respects yes but because he remains a club member his handicap is always valid....in the old Congu days when you left a club your handicap was lost but there were defined rules as to what a handicap sec had to do when the player rejoined a new club depending on how long ago the player left their previous club

From the old Congu manual...

26.1 A CONGU® Handicap is lost when a player ceases to be a Member of an Affiliated Club. When a player resigns from a club and joins another there is often a time interval between the two memberships. If the handicap of a player is to be restored within twelve months of the date on which his handicap was lost, or suspended, it must be reinstated at the same handicap the player last held. In restoring the handicap of a player whose ‘c’ status handicap has been lost in such circumstances that ‘c’ status shall remain valid for the remainder of the calendar year of resignation and for the full following calendar year. In all other cases the player shall be allotted a new handicap after he has complied with the requirements of Clause 16.

26.2 When restoring a handicap which has been lost or suspended for more than twelve months the Handicap Committee, in addition to proceeding as required by Clause 16, must give due and full consideration to the handicap the player last held (see Clause 16.3). A Category 1 handicap must not be allotted without the approval of the Union or Area Authority if so delegated.

Doesnt seem to be any parallel guidance in the WHS.

Swango1980

Visit site
I've been the marker for at least 2 players in the last week, scores entered by them on howdidido. I've never had a notification to verify their score. Should I have done?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well he has got a message now asking to attest my score....but when he clicks on the right arrow next to the message....it does nothing.

I'm wondering if its because he is an iPhone user...it seems that currently the Apple version of the App doesnt allow "score entry" (I've just downloaded it on the wifes IPhone and logged on and it doesnt give the option)....wondering if you need the "enter score" feature to be able to attest to scores?
Same on iPad, not updated like android.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've been the marker for at least 2 players in the last week, scores entered by them on howdidido. I've never had a notification to verify their score. Should I have done?

Specifically my issues relate to the England Golf App....maybe we should have a separate thread for it?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Score entry is currently only on the android beta version, so most people won't have it.

I'm assuming that anyone can download version 1.0.2 from the Android AppStore?

In which case if having the score entry feature is required to allow a player to attest anothers score, then warning should be given that players not running the latest version wont be able to attest your scores.

wjemather

Visit site
I'm assuming that anyone can download version 1.0.2 from the Android AppStore?

In which case if having the score entry feature is required to allow a player to attest anothers score, then warning should be given that players not running the latest version wont be able to attest your scores.
I assume anyone can sign up to the beta. Yes, that would have been useful - but it is the beta, and I wouldn't expect it in the full release since everyone should have it then.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I assume anyone can sign up to the beta. Yes, that would have been useful - but it is the beta, and I wouldn't expect it in the full release since everyone should have it then.

But unless i am misunderstanding....what I have on my phone is what I've downloaded from the Android App store....i dont remember signing up for a beta trial....I'm just a normal user who became aware of the score entry function and updated my app so i could try it.

Our handicap secretary has done exactly the same earlier today.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
But unless i am misunderstanding....what I have on my phone is what I've downloaded from the Android App store....i dont remember signing up for a beta trial....I'm just a normal user who became aware of the score entry function and updated my app so i could try it.

Our handicap secretary has done exactly the same earlier today.
I've raised a ticket with EG and County handicap sec is also on the case as to why my HI has not changed following Sundays score

TigerTime

Visit site
I spoke to the pro and he passed my number to another new member who gave me a call yesterday with regards to playing a round. Shame I'm unable to make that day but hoping to reschedule and get my first card in.

I also found out that literally anyone I play with can sign the card. Member, Guest, Vistors and they don't even need to have a handicap themselves apparently.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've raised a ticket with EG and County handicap sec is also on the case as to why my HI has not changed following Sundays score
Yes I've lost my best score of my best 8 and by my calculations should go up by 0.2
Have had a reply from EG and issue seems to be from Club Championships back in 2019 with 2 rounds being entered on the day which were my 19th and 20th ( now 20th and 21st ) By adjusting the date on one of them to day after. My best score from 8 is now my 20th.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In the past if I played an ‘away’ course in an Open there was a CSS for Home and Away players.

Is there still going to,be a differential with a playing Condition Calculation being in evidence which in the past invariably meant a higher CSS for away players?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just looked at my best 8 from last 20 scores and number 20 is included which will be deleted after Saturday which is a Stableford Comp..

My HI at present is 18.4 and number 20 has the following from EG App:- score 92, Course22, Slope133,Handicap Diff. 17.8, Course Rating 71.1.

Can one of you WHS experts tell me what Stableford points I need to keep the same or improve and would it be any different if a Medal. A breakdown of the calculation would be appreciate.

Thanks