Wordle

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Today was only my fourth go at it. Got it on the last guess today. Got it on the fourth guess on the previous three days. Didn't realise until today that letters could be repeated.

How do you get the squares thingy you've shown above without the letters in it?

RichA

Visit site
Likewise, I'm new to it. Avoiding spoilers, do you know if we all get the same word? I also had a repeat letter.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Today was only my fourth go at it. Got it on the last guess today. Got it on the fourth guess on the previous three days. Didn't realise until today that letters could be repeated.

How do you get the squares thingy you've shown above without the letters in it?
If you click 'share' afterwards, it copies the above to your clipboard. That's what people have been posting on my Facebook feed for the last week and I didn't know where it came from at first. :LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wordle 219 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜?⬜?⬜
⬜??⬜⬜
???⬜⬜
?????

It’s fun but pretty dependant on your first guess.
Maybe, but I got zero letters on my first one, just got pretty lucky with my second guess. I figure my first guess will always be the same (a word with the five most common letters in it).

Last edited:

RichA

Visit site
Wordle 219 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜?⬜?⬜
⬜??⬜⬜
???⬜⬜
?????

It’s fun but pretty dependant on your first guess. BTW mentioning double letters is definitely a spoiler
Apologies. Just repeating what had already been said. If anybody looks on the Wordle thread before they've done today's, they must know there's a reasonable chance of a spoiler.

Wordle 219 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛?⬛
⬛⬛?⬛⬛
⬛??⬛?
?????

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They did an ice hockey one last week on the Puck Soup podcast and the first NHL player I could think of with five letters was Brayden Point of the Lightning. Which it was. So I retired with a one for one record.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The link is in post #1.....

i'm now 21/21 100%!! had 2 x 2nd guess so far. Majority is on 5th go.

I start with a new word every day, mix it up a bit!!
By my estimation, the best word to begin with should be RATES or an anagram thereof - it has the two most common vowels and the three most common consonants (I believe). So surely you'd be more likely to get a hit with those letters, and even if you don't that narrows down the potential answers considerably.