Wordle

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
By my estimation, the best word to begin with should be RATES or an anagram thereof - it has the two most common vowels and the three most common consonants (I believe). So surely you'd be more likely to get a hit with those letters, and even if you don't that narrows down the potential answers considerably.

I would lose the S. There are very few plurals used apparently, so you may be better off with Rated for example. But I read an article somewhere reckoned AUDIO was the best start work to rule out/in most of the vowels on the first guess. I have not tried this yet.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would lose the S. There are very few plurals used apparently, so you may be better off with Rated for example. But I read an article somewhere reckoned AUDIO was the best start work to rule out/in most of the vowels on the first guess. I have not tried this yet.
I suppose, but I just wanted the S because it's common. It doesn't have to go at the end. I could just write STARE instead, or TASER for the same effect. It's pretty unlikely that you guess it on the first guess anyway, it's just about improving your odds as much as possible.

Maybe I'm overthinking it. :LOL:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suppose, but I just wanted the S because it's common. It doesn't have to go at the end. I could just write STARE instead, or TASER for the same effect. It's pretty unlikely that you guess it on the first guess anyway, it's just about improving your odds as much as possible.

Maybe I'm overthinking it. :LOL:

My point was S is not as common when you remove it from pluralizing. I think we may both be taking it a bit far! LOL

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wordle's dictionary is a subset of a subset so its common letters are different to the normal English distribution of letters.

Everybody's got a system though, I find starting words with common consonants more useful.

ADIEU is another nice one for targetting vowels.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
For those targeting vowels, does a guess have to be an actual word?
If not you could use AEIOU

I've played 23 games, 100%
0 x 1s
2 x 2s
8 x 3s
8 x 4s
5 x 5s
0 x 6s

I make that a 3.7 strike rate, I don't know why they don't give that in the stats.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

0 x 1s
2 x 2s
8 x 3s
8 x 4s
5 x 5s
0 x 6s

I make that a 3.7 strike rate, I don't know why they don't give that in the stats.
It does have to be an actual word..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

0 x 1s
2 x 2s
8 x 3s
8 x 4s
5 x 5s
0 x 6s

It says "each guess must be a valid 5 letter word". So as someone mentioned earlier your best bet might be ADIEU to get the most vowels in place.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site

0 x 1s
2 x 2s
8 x 3s
8 x 4s
5 x 5s
0 x 6s

Doesn't allow non words to be entered .
Tried it 3 times so far and failed on todays :LOL:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

0 x 1s
2 x 2s
8 x 3s
8 x 4s
5 x 5s
0 x 6s

Could compare it to everyone else who plays and call it "strokes gained".

Or something.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Todays was pretty easy using some of the hints above.

I'm a bit of a latecomer to this and it was only my third wordle. So far I've had 2 on the second line and one on the fourth.

Wordle 220 2/6

?⬜??⬜
?????