Wooden surround of a lake

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Unless defined in a local rule as being immovable, the stake is a movable obstruction and can be removed. There doesn't have to be interference. See Rule 15.2
Agreed, there may be some residual confusion from when the COVID protocols were in place when you weren't allowed to touch them.

salfordlad

Visit site
If Rulefan or I were on duty, yes. Rulie is a long way away and so you'd be all right. ?
The only comment I add is the Committee on this course appears to be failing its obligation to provide clear information to players. Those planks are likely there for only one of two possible purposes - to mark the edge of the PA, or to stop balls hit into the fairway unfairly running into the water so are intended to be outside the PA. The Committee's purpose should be transparent to all. If my ball was against such planks such that relief was necessary and there was no clear marking, I would likely take relief within one club length and then clarify before returning the card whether that was free relief or whether a penalty area relief penalty needed to be added. If the ball was playable but constrained, I'd be inclined to play two balls with the intent of proceeding with the free relief ball if that is permitted.