Women’s golf

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
@SwingsitlikeHogan I saw Lottie win the Welsh Am on my home course. Really super player, anyone who says that isn't good golf is missing something.
Well done Lottie today - only sub-par round (-2) in the whole field and a fantastic 4th place finish in the Portuguese International Ladies Amateur Championship. I'd like to think that the knock round that we had a few weeks back inspired her...but somehow I doubt it. Speaking with her dad today turns out that she mentioned to him that she played 18 with me...I'll rather keep the glass half full reflecting on that :cool:

As I said - she's a pretty darned awesome golfer.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Well done Lottie today - only sub-par round (-2) in the whole field and a fantastic 4th place finish in the Portuguese International Ladies Amateur Championship. I'd like to think that the knock round that we had a few weeks back inspired her...but somehow I doubt it. Speaking with her dad today turns out that she mentioned to him that she played 18 with me...I'll rather keep the glass half full reflecting on that :cool:

As I said - she's a pretty darned awesome golfer.
Faults to avoid? ;)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't watch as much of any golf as I used to. Maybe that is a commentary on the game as a whole. I don't often put on Sky specifically to see women's golf, maybe the Solheim Cup, but might watch it if I happen upon it.

I agree that it is more relatable, but I don't watch sport on TV to see them doing it like I can do it on a good day (any given shot, not the whole round, obvs). I watch it to see someone hit a 2 iron onto a 620 yard par-5 in 2 or a flop shot that goes straight up in the air and lands like a potato on the green.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So great to see Lydia Ko back winning and contesting regularly. Irons and putting always look so good and now seems to have added some more distance with driver.

17th win on tour and still only 24! Hope she doesn’t walk away from the tour at 30 like she’s mentioned previously.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Spoiler alert!!

Apologies, although if i was trying to keep away from the result I probably wouldn’t go on a golf forum and specifically a women’s golf thread. ?

As upsidedown mentioned some good up and downs. Charley also seemed to have irons dialled in today but perhaps not got the rewards.

Interesting stat from no laying up, of those 17 wins only 3 have been in her twenties and 2 of those are today and last year.