Winter- trolley or carry/ full set or half set?

Big85

Visit site
Winter golf do you still use your trolley when possible or do you change to carrying?

Also do you take your full set of clubs or do you take some irons out?

Big85

Visit site
Trying things out, different types of shots etc.
This!!
I’ve heard from many players/coaches that by taking clubs out it will make you a better player in the long run. Winter being the perfect chance to do this. As said here it will make you choose different shot choices making you play different types of shots.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am a buggy user so when there is a buggy ban I can only play the 9 hole course ( not all of that sometimes) so I carry a half set because it majorly reduces the distances I have to walk ( we have trolley routes which must be followed in winter).

evemccc

Visit site
This!!
I’ve heard from many players/coaches that by taking clubs out it will make you a better player in the long run. Winter being the perfect chance to do this. As said here it will make you choose different shot choices making you play different types of shots.

I just can’t wait to see the fruits of my labours….’in the long run’ ?

Just impatient of waiting!! It’s been too long already

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
Isn’t the issue that one takes clubs out when forced to carry to save weight. And that results in trying different shots. Different shot practice being a product of less clubs, not the goal?

D

Deleted member 15344

Will carry one day of the weekend when they ask us to carry if we can - and will carry a full set. Mainly carry on the Sunday

Golfnut1957

Visit site
No trolley ban here ever, and we have compressors to clean them, but as soon as it starts getting claggy the trolley stays in the locker and the stand bag comes out. I can't stand cleaning it after every round.

I've tried taking clubs out of my bag, but it doesn't work for me so I carry the lot. Hard work but I'll live with it.

YandaB

Visit site
It's currently "Carry if you can", I take the same bag and all 14 clubs. I've taken out a few of the extra balls and leave out the brolley if the forecast is clearly no rain.
Prefer to carry when there are "traffic management " ropes everywhere.
Also carrying is good for preventing lost balls as I can walk directly on the line.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Mostly carry a pencil bag with 8 clubs, most days. Occasionally, if I play a lot of rounds in a week, I might trolley for one, or trolley and stick a few more clubs in for a comp.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Trolley when allowed but got to keeping a carry bag in the car. I tend to get to the club first thing at weekends to hit balls or have a coffee with some of the other early birds and sometimes the green staff are a tad slow at letting people know whether it is too wet for trolleys until I am arriving

RichA

Visit site
We'll probably have a trolley ban soon. I usually go down to 7 clubs.
I carried just 7i, 50° and putter today, in preparation for the 3-club challenge at the weekend. Didn't have time for a full round but was generally taking fewer shots than I did with 12 at the weekend.