Winter Rust

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not played a huge amount since Christmas as we've either been closed or on reduced holes so I've tried to use the range to work on tempo in particular. I have still felt standing on the 1st tee that my swing doesn't feel right (Never a good thought). At the moment though we're still in winter golf with a lot of mud balls and poor lies so I am just enjoying out and playing and not too bothered about scores too much

Visit site
This is the first time I’ve played most weeks through the winter, even if it’s just been a quick 9 holes. Not enjoyed it too much, I’m definitely a fair weather golfer! However, it’s hopefully kept things ticking over, I just hope that my poor play and lack of improvement is largely down to the conditions. I’m not the longest hitter and so the lack of roll has really affected me!
I'm definitely in your camp. First time of joining a club and been gettting out as much as possible but really struggling in these conditions. Im really hoping once the weather improves then so will my golf. All not being helped much by losing all ability with my driver at present

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I love winter golf. Always feel like a winner when I get a game in and beat the weather. Doesn’t really matter if I win the game or just hack it round just nice to be outdoors.
Only missed one weekend so far since Christmas as the course was shut.
I think it’s the skinflint in me to value for money on my subs lol.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Omega 3 fish oil.

I feel it helps with my arthritic joints. Placebo? Possibly but it makes my body feel better and less painful throughout the day.

Fish oil is definitely good for you but instead of taking capsules why not try the real thing and go and buy some mackerel , you’ll get the benefit of more oil and a tasty meal as well, plus it will do no harm to support our fisherman ?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Fish oil is definitely good for you but instead of taking capsules why not try the real thing and go and buy some mackerel , you’ll get the benefit of more oil and a tasty meal as well, plus it will do no harm to support our fisherman ?

Not a huge fish fan sadly, I can eat a peppered mackerel but don't overly enjoy it and if I get more than a couple of bones I'm out. Plus I certainly couldn't eat that every day.