Winter Rust

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i play at least once a week though winter unless the weather is really bad.. like snow, so never have that, even if its just a few swishes with a clubs i like to keep it going over winter

Wolf

Visit site
No doubt I'll have some winter rust, literally haven't touched a club since September they've got dust gathering on them at the moment ?
Gonna be at least another 2 months before they get touched i reckon.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With this weather I get to play about once every 10 days (either course closure or buggy ban) and even that sort of reduced amount of playing I find very noticeable.

Visit site
I play all the year round. However, our course has just reopened after about four weeks. In the meantime I have been to the local range. I am not a natural golfer, so unless I played frequently through the winter, I would be lost.
This game is difficult enough for me without taking 5-6 months off!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This is the first time I’ve played most weeks through the winter, even if it’s just been a quick 9 holes. Not enjoyed it too much, I’m definitely a fair weather golfer! However, it’s hopefully kept things ticking over, I just hope that my poor play and lack of improvement is largely down to the conditions. I’m not the longest hitter and so the lack of roll has really affected me!

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
Played all winter. Joined the trackman winter league and got 5 lessons. Been hitting the range during my lunch break 2 - 3 times a week. My golf has improved this winter.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No doubt I'll have some winter rust, literally haven't touched a club since September they've got dust gathering on them at the moment ?
Gonna be at least another 2 months before they get touched i reckon.

Similar. Played once inbetween Xmas and new year but before that it was around Sept/Oct. Haven't a clue when my next knock will be, keep checking the bag and making sure its not going mouldy!! Guessing it will be another month before I get out and play.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Every year since I started (2011) I’ve put the clubs away in October and taken them out in March. This year I thought I’d keep the rust at bay and entered the winter league. Misery. Rain, cold, flooding, rain, wet, freezing and then the hail started.

Next year I vow to embrace the rust.

Wolf

Visit site
Similar. Played once inbetween Xmas and new year but before that it was around Sept/Oct. Haven't a clue when my next knock will be, keep checking the bag and making sure its not going mouldy!! Guessing it will be another month before I get out and play.
I got offered a game at Christmas but turned it down. Im saying it could be April my next game but just as easily be May, June or beyond am just not feeling the desire to play ay the moment

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got offered a game at Christmas but turned it down. Im saying it could be April my next game but just as easily be May, June or beyond am just not feeling the desire to play ay the moment

Yes, at the moment I have no desire to play on course that are soaked and almost unplayable - no fun for me at all.

I have games lined up from May onwards and our annual society meet in June so will try get out next month definitely just to swing a club.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I last played in October, I'm normally at the range 2/3 times a week in the winter, but work has been busy and with the rain I've not had the desire for it. I did go last weekend with an 8i, not as bad as expected and agreed to play at the end of this month, so need to get down there with some other clubs!

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
With the weather I have't been out since December (had a warm day so took the lad to the range with his new clubs). been doing a lot of putting and some wedges indoors with foam balls but itching to get out. Thing is, as soon as we get ok weather I have other things booked to do!!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I normally still play every weekend through winter. But last weekend I couldn't and this weekend I may not be able to either. So next week could be interesting as it'd be the first time I've gone almost 3 weeks without golf for as long as I can remember. But I'll probably squeeze nine holes in on Sunday afternoon just to avoid that scenario I think. Nine miserable, wet, squelchy holes.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Too darn cold and wet to practice today, golf has been on hold for a little bit while we have had these storms, when they are done I can get back to it!