Winter mats already

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I don't mind mats for the tees if need be, as you're hitting off a tee regardless. I wouldn't want to play every shot off mats though. Feels like you might as well be at Top Golf if you're going to hit everything off a mat - it would be warmer there as well. That for me, isn't golf. Yeah you sometimes get an awful muddy lie but that's just winter golf, you just do your best to deal with it don't you?
well no actually, winter golf is what it is keeping the game going over the closed season and a bit of fun, but for many parts of the UK there is no growth over the winter so they are there to protect the course over this period

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
well no actually, winter golf is what it is keeping the game going over the closed season and a bit of fun, but for many parts of the UK there is no growth over the winter so they are there to protect the course over this period
I know why they do it, I'm just saying it isn't for me. I don't think I'd enjoy hitting everything off a mat that's all.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I know why they do it, I'm just saying it isn't for me. I don't think I'd enjoy hitting everything off a mat that's all.
all your decisions are clouded by the fact you have to pay to play everytime. up here its use mats or not play really

what if it meant no golf?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
all your decisions are clouded by the fact you have to pay to play everytime. up here its use mats or not play really

what if it meant no golf?
I dunno man, hard to say. I'd have to give it a go once and see how I felt wouldn't I? I don't think I'd enjoy it as much, but golf is still better than no golf, you're right there. (y)

I can't even picture it really, it's such a weird concept to me. I never knew playing mats off the fairway even existed until I read it on this forum.