Winter golfing bargains

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you can get out during this quite remarkable period of weather there are some real deals to be enjoyed.
Have just booked a round for tomorrow, for 4 at Scarcroft GC, N Leeds, with a meal for £70 total!!..... & no greens maintenance!! (£30 each for golf only on a Sat from 11am!!)
4 Mates played Rudding Park, Harrogate, for £60..... & Oulton Hall £30
What's available near you??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got tomorrow off and me and a mate have booked West Middlesex for £20 each. Never played there before, but I think it's normally more expensive - they're doing a few winter offers, probably to try and attract people to the course in time for Spring.

D

Deleted member 3432

Loads of various deals currently on at Silloth.
Great value at the best value club in the country :)

D

Deleted member 21258

At Cleeve Hill near Cheltenham after midday (or 1pm), it is a bargain £12.50 a round.

Not quite bargain status, but for top 100 courses not bad rates :-
Burnham Berrow do a £50 winter twilight rate after 1pm we were told (we were 45ish minutes to early :ROFLMAO:)

Royal Porthcrawl do a £75 winter rate including bacon roll

D

Deleted member 15344

I believe the Oxfordshire are doing a fourball for £80-100 during the week which is superb value

sunshine

Visit site
I've got tomorrow off and me and a mate have booked West Middlesex for £20 each. Never played there before, but I think it's normally more expensive - they're doing a few winter offers, probably to try and attract people to the course in time for Spring.

Midweek I wouldn't pay more than £25 to play West Mid. It's got some nice holes (I like 2,3 and 13) but overall very average. A big council estate overlooks it so expect kids riding over the course on bikes, teenagers in the bushes, chavs trying to nick your ball etc.

A teenager tried to rob me there once. I was standing on the tee with my driver in hand when he appeared from the bushes... I was about to wrap it round his head when I remembered it was my most expensive club. By the time I'd gone to my bag to select the right club (opted for lob wedge) I'd calmed down a little and he'd recognised the error of his approach and backed off apologetically :ROFLMAO:

My only tip (apart from look out for chavs) is the 2nd is not as intimidating as it looks from the tee. There's a lot of room in front of the green and to the right as a bail out which you can't see from the tee. Enjoy!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would also add, the £50 deal at Burnham is incredible. The course is sublime at the moment, and the greens are incredible