Win with howfargolf.com - new fantasy game

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK, so its all finished. dont think i won as 2 of my guys missed the cut!!!

From the first post, as i have given quite a lot of feedback already...

> How easy was the 'Stableford' concept to understand?

Very easy.

> After setting up a game of 'Stableford' and following the results on television, how much did you enjoy the experience?

It would have been better if your 5 players were a team and the overall stableford counted for your score, rather than 5 games. But added a new dimension for sure.

> How could the 'Stableford' game be improved?

As per my replies to the thread already, making it a team, a few tweaks on the site as per my messages to simon.

> On a scale of 1 to 5, how enjoyable did you find the game and using the website?

the game once set up, there is not much to do. Maybe after day 2 of a tournament you could play a Joker and swap a player maybe? so enjoyment 3, using the website also a 3.

> Would you recommend this site to your friends?

Yes

> If there was money involved, would you consider taking a wager against friends or fans on the site? If no, why?

Yes as per the explanation from simon, that you would basically be betting against your mates, i would be up for that!

> Did you play either of the other two games ('Fancy' or 'Liteford') on the site and if so, how did you enjoy those formats and where could they be improved?

No, just the stableford for me.

mikepops

Assistant Pro
Visit site
> How easy was the 'Stableford' concept to understand?

Relatively simple. The game itself is quite easy to grasp, but I struggled (and I'm still not clear about) to understand how the competitive element works.

> After setting up a game of 'Stableford' and following the results on television, how much did you enjoy the experience?

Didn't really deepen my enjoyment of the championship - but I guess I did keep an added eye out for my players.

> How could the 'Stableford' game be improved?

A "results" page would be great, where you can instantly see how you've done.

I'd like to be able to edit a golfer, or replace him, after every round. At the moment choosing the hcp strokes is a bit arbitrary, and you're just taking a bit of a punt, but it would deepen the experience of watching the comp if you were looking out for how people are playing the course.

I didn't understand how the competition rooms were allocated. I would have been a bit gutted to find that I'd gambled 50C on a risky option (but with 4 hcp strokes) to find him up against Rory. For example one of my rooms was won by default because my player withdrew. Perhaps 1st choices could all play each other, then 2nd choices etc?

When I tried to edit a golfer, and then add some more, the system wouldn't recognise my choices.

I didn't understand why you couldn't allocate hcp strokes on every hole.

The scorecard really needs to be accurate - gave a really bad first impression.

> On a scale of 1 to 5, how enjoyable did you find the game and using the website?

> Would you recommend this site to your friends?

Not at the moment, but perhaps with significant changes.

> If there was money involved, would you consider taking a wager against friends or fans on the site? If no, why?

No - I prefer to play fantasy sports games like this for fun.

> Did you play either of the other two games ('Fancy' or 'Liteford') on the site and if so, how did you enjoy those formats and where could they be improved?

I didn't play the others...

Fair play to the folks behind this for opening it up, and it has some potential, but there is a long way to go. I'm sceptical about the potential for monetising it, but good luck anyhow, and I'd be happy to trial it again in the future.