Win a year's supply of tees!

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
currently using winter tees from our friend Mike Ashley, mainly because the winter mats don't always take a tee

have used castle tees, but now firmly in the wooden tee corner during the drier months

Albo

Visit site
I currently use plastic tees, and should really switch to something more environmentally friendly

Robin Hood

Visit site
Currently using pink and red castles, however I am red/green colour blind and struggle to find them.
Just as well golf is a game played with friends.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Plastic castle tees.

I reckon if I won these I could put these next to the wood burner, and my wife would try to light the firelighters with one.;)

Just dip the tips in pink nail varnish, that should get your wife going!

I recently bought three pairs of gardening gloves made from re-constituted bamboo.
Easily the worst gloves I've ever used, each pair was finished inside two weeks!
I currently use castle tees for driver and broken wooden ones for everything else.
Would love to see whether bamboo makes better tees than gloves, though. ;);)

Last edited:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I once found a wooden tee, that was comprised of two bits of different tees, each bit faced off, and then drilled and pinned back together.

Some people have way too much time. It was in Scotland. Not sure how relevant that is, but that's where I found it. Could have been a tourist, who knows.

I had a golf bag made from bamboo once. It is versatile stuff.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
A year's supply for one player I know would be one tee. He has drilled tiny holes through three or four tees of differing heights and threaded wire through so that his entire tee selection is in a single bunch. He never loses any but I feel some people have too much time on their hands.
Send me a drawing and instructions please lol.
In this weather i seem to lose a lot more tees {shocking pink too :eek: ], My theory is because we mostly use the very front of the yellow tee boxes or temp tee boxes where the grass isn't cut short enough, in front of the tees. :mad:

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been using these for a while now, wanted to move away from plastic to wooden and as they donate 25% of profits to charity is a big plus for me.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Pink and red castles for me but like others I often use broken tees that have been left behind. Would be interested in trying bamboo ones.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wooden tees, well part of tees, rare I use a whole new tee just whatever I pick up on the tee box.

did play one top100 course, as usual wasnt a tee in my bag, more worryingly the grass on the tees were shorter than most places greens and it seemed I was following round a greenkeeper who thought he was doing everyone a favour by clearing away any broken bits! the only alternative was my playing partners pink castles. hit a lot of low 3 woods off the tee that day haha

_MH_

Visit site
Red castle tees as we're off mats atm. Went searching on the auction sites for wooden equivalents but they're all out of stock so everyone's obviously catching a conscience.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Can't beat a wooden tee, so versatile after it's broken using the driver. Perfect then for the 3 wood or iron later in the round.

If I find a castle tee or a plastic one they're straight into the rubbish bin, horrible things.

Putting them in the bin is the worst thing you can do with them!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our pro has decided to stop selling plastic tees so I decided to follow suit & stop buying/using them. Now spend my evenings marking different lengths on some old wooden ones with a marker pen - to replicate the different heights of castle tees. It's a reasonable alternative to watching paint dry.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I already have a lifetime supply it seems, I still have two bags each of long and short tees in the shed and a jar of mixed tees. Not even counted the tees I have in my bags already...

Wolf

Visit site
Wooden tees are what I use in general often pick up broken ones for use with irons and 3 wood.

I will pick up castle tees and use the pink ones on the range or on long holes that have those annoying mats that you can’t get in a tee in properly, but all the others I take home and chuck in with the plastic recycling

NearHull

Visit site
I’ve always used wooden tees since starting to play 27 yrs ago on an American Forces golf course where they insisted on their use.

In the early years of t’internet buying, a playing colleague tried to order a dozen plastic red tees and entered 12 in the quantity box and yes he did receive 144 plastic tees - he didn’t notice the cost! I bet he’s still on the first packet!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have always used wooden tees as back in the day when we used persimmon drivers it was said that wooden tees wouldn't damage the driver face. Currently using 70 mm white tees with various logos and adverts on them which I came across on eBay.