Wilson Staff FG tour balls

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Seen these very cheap in American Golf but know very little about them. Google search returned positive enough opinions.

Any feedback here? Anyone using them

Used the last of my Z-Star XV's recently and trying to decide on a ball for next year over the winter. Plan is to buy a few dozen and stick to same ball for full year. Hadn't considered the Wilson's but the price has me interested

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I converted to the DX3 SOft this year after using Bridgestone RXS-330 for teh last 3 years. Mainly because the Wilson's were half the price of the Bridgestone, for a dozen. A friend of mine played the Wilson and we used them in a foursomes match, too me they felt very similar to the Bridgestone, quite long off the tee and soft around the greens. I really like the Bridgestone but don't think the price merits it, certainly not in comparison to the Wilson's. I've been very happy with the Wilson's through this summer, and at £15 a dozen, a great price too.

I'm afraid that doesn't answer your question regarding the FG Tour ball, but I would imagine that they perform as well as the DX2 and DX3. Note that you can get some even better deals on line than you can get them in AG.

Jake O'Reilly

GM Staff
www.golf-monthly.co.uk
I played the FG Tour for a season and can thoroughly recommend them, to the average golfer (5-15 handicap) they perform just as well as a premium ball for almost half the price in my opinion.

Wilson are due to launch a new ball soon too, so you may be able to pick these up very cheap in 2014.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The FG Tour is an excellent ball. It is Wilson's ProV1, but without the titleist brand cache. Personally I like it better than the Prov1.
It really is very good.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I tried the original FG Staff ball when it came out a couple of years ago. To me it felt a bit spongey and seemed to lose a bit of difference. Does the Tour version of this ball address that problem? If so, I'd happily give them another try.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think i'll pick up a box of the blemish ones and try them out

I play the blemish ball. Got 2 dozen sitting and have asked for more for christmas. Love them.

Can't say I've noticed any major difference between the standard and the X during play but I do notice the difference between them and my other preferred ball which is the DX3 which I paid £10 a dozen. At £15 a dozen for blemished and very few with a visible problem you'll find it hard to justify buying anything else until the blemished disappear from the market.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Goddam you lot!! I've just bought a doz of the blemished 'x' version to try based on all these comments. They better be good :sbox:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are the blemished boxes all a mix or is it possible to get a box with just the X version?

Usually marked as a mix but I would be surprised if they are actually all FG tour that were accidentally printed as X's and hence now sold as blemish. The box only ever mentions FG Tour no mention of X's but online retails ill usually state mix of balls because they are labled as a mix. The only print errors I've ever seen on them has been on normal FG Tour ball in the box never on one marked as an X. Either that or Quality control employs folk with bionic eyes.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where are you getting the blems? I had some from AG but haven't seen any for a while. I'll load up if I can.
Had 3 boxes, all were labelled FG tour, no X's.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
carlisle golf centre £15 a doz, cosmetically damaged, not that I notice. I love these balls and have changed from bridgestone. Soft of the putter and not spinny of the driver, I don't hit the ball too far so I haven't noticed any difference in length