Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Irons

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hello Guys

Am currently thinking about an iron change and think the Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 irons look beautiful, there are not many reviews out there and was just wondering has anyone hit them or have any experience of them, I know Wilson are making some great equipment nowadays and these look fabulous.

images

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
A pal of mine played Wison FG Tours for a season or two and really liked them (he plays off 4), no personal experience of them but they are a good looking club.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've currently got the FG Tour M3 irons mate and love them.
When my ballstriking is there they're beautiful to use, pretty forgiving club and look gorgeous (mine have a black finish).

Lost a bit of distance compared to my last set of irons and seem to be a club behind others however I've checked the lofts and they are quite high so might be something worth checking before you buy them.

For the price compared to other sets though I'd definitely consider them!

Trini swinger

Medal Winner
Visit site
I am still using the Original FG tours that i bought about 6 years ago. I have to thank the guy in American Golf at plymouth for doing so. I had my heart set on a new set of Mizzy's or Titleists. He said 'are you open to anything?' as the FG tours had just been released, and he said they were as good as any premium brands. Hit them, loved them, monitor, launch flight and feel all backed it up. As i said, still playing them 6 years later, though the grooves are now shot. I keep trying the Mizzy's, TM's, Titleist as i need to replace, but can only see me going for a new set of FG irons. Not so keen on the decals from the lovely black and silver originals, but you dont look at the back of the club when you hit them and see them arrowing towards the pin more often than not I suppose. I dont think you will be dissapointed, keep an open mind is my top tip, you may fall in love with them!!

Last edited:

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Keep me posted on those Bobirdie, those would definitely be on my radar too, saying as I am a little bit of a cobra fanboy. Great to hear great things about the Wilsons, they look so good, problem is not many round my way stock them, but I absolutely want to give them a chance. I grew up playing wilson, including the awesome killer whale driver, and would really like to give them another cracking.

Bobirdie

Journeyman Pro
www.williamsdoubleglazing.co.uk
Keep me posted on those Bobirdie, those would definitely be on my radar too, saying as I am a little bit of a cobra fanboy. Great to hear great things about the Wilsons, they look so good, problem is not many round my way stock them, but I absolutely want to give them a chance. I grew up playing wilson, including the awesome killer whale driver, and would really like to give them another cracking.

They are with s300 shafts.
I'm going to give them another few weeks and I will let you know mate

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am still using the Original FG tours that i bought about 6 years ago. I have to thank the guy in American Golf at plymouth for doing so. I had my heart set on a new set of Mizzy's or Titleists. He said 'are you open to anything?' as the FG tours had just been released, and he said they were as good as any premium brands. Hit them, loved them, monitor, launch flight and feel all backed it up. As i said, still playing them 6 years later, though the grooves are now shot. I keep trying the Mizzy's, TM's, Titleist as i need to replace, but can only see me going for a new set of FG irons. Not so keen on the decals from the lovely black and silver originals, but you dont look at the back of the club when you hit them and see them arrowing towards the pin more often than not I suppose. I dont think you will be dissapointed, keep an open mind is my top tip, you may fall in love with them!!

for the price their charging for them you would expect them to be as good as any premium! their more than some pings!

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So, I was in Belfast on Friday and called into American Golf, spent an hour with these, the Apex, JPX 900 Forged and Titleist AP2's. I got my double trade in value for my Cobra's and went home to think about it. Back in Belfast today and back to American Golf and in 5-10 working days time I will have a new set of .............. dum dum dum........... Wilson FG Tour F5 Irons with DG S300 Shafts 5-GW.

Honestly, they are beautiful to look at, beautiful to hit and blew the others clean out of the water in terms of feel and dispersion. My distances were a little down but I am putting that down to the lofts not being as cranked. I was hitting an ever so slight baby draw and sending my 7 iron out to a 155 carry (not forum distance I know but just were I want it to be).

Gorgeous irons and I can honestly recommend the new Wilson Staff gear to anyone, they are seriously making some fantastic equipment