Will you swap your ball in the UK winter?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I move down from premium level to the AD333 Tour/NXT Tour type.
Still need a bit of spin at times but not as much.
No great shakes if one gets lost in the leaves or plugs in the wet

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Use a new pro v1 in a comp, then use it for a couple of friendly knocks. If it is still in my possession I use it in the winter until I lose it or it falls to bits. 7 and a bit rounds with one is my best yet with one.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dx2 majority of year

Dunlop tour soft in winter

Mate plays off 11 and swears by them..

Cheap and cheerful for me in the winter if I loose one meh

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A 2 piece Taylormade for me, most likely an Aeroburner.

Sick of losing balls in leaves though.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Loving how many people play the same balls I do here... whichever ones I find in the rough on the round (I spend enough time lost there)

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Speaking of using balls that people find, is that found during a round or do folks go out ball hunting specifically? I've got one of those UV torches that supposedly make finding lost balls at night really easy. I must admit, I only went out one night last year and forgot to take a "normal" torch, so couldn't really see where I was going...DOH!!!

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Given the price, I don't see the point in playing premium balls in winter conditions, unless you play links courses that play similar all year round. Any 2 piece ball is stopping on a dime on the greens I play right now. Easy to loose with the leaves/plugged balls etc so I play cheaper with no performance issue

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Halfway through last season I treated myself to 2 Dozen Srixon Z Stars, these lasted me well, not lost too many of them and still have a full box and a half left for next season.

I ended up with 3 new Titliest Pro v1's so I've been using these recently and also was gifted 3 Taylormade TP5s which I've also put in the bag. Our Winter league starts next month, so I might treat myself to 2 boxes of the 2017 AD333s in Yellow. :D

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
On a side note, anyone got any experience buying pearl/grade A balls from the big eBay sellers? I had a look and can find top end balls for £1 each which I thought would be great for winter but are they genuine etc?

D

Deleted member 16999

On a side note, anyone got any experience buying pearl/grade A balls from the big eBay sellers? I had a look and can find top end balls for £1 each which I thought would be great for winter but are they genuine etc?
I use premierlakeballs on ebay, full range of balls and different grades, never had an issue.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used a load of rocks on Saturday, as it's now winter. They have all been removed from my bag and currently reside in a Tesco bag to be handed in to our for for the kids to use. Never again will I use carp balls.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
On finding balls I just walk along the edge of the fairway on what looks like the easy miss, trend to find one every 2-3 holes, and whenever I am lost in the rough it is almost 100% that I will find another ball first, never gone out specifically looking as it isn't worth the time Imo.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just use the ones that have managed to last a few rounds during Summer. Provs, Vice Proplus have seen me through the Summer and I have a quite a lot that you wouldn't use on the first tee in Summer but are perfectly good for winter.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My switches can come at any time of the year depending on where I am playing and the speed of the greens.

Fast greens Bridgestone B330RXS
Medium pace Nike One Tour D (on my last few of these sadly)*
Slow Greens Bridgestone B330RX

The former and the latter requires a little adjustment for greenside spin.

* I have been meaning to try out Nike RZN white but little bit so far it seems that do not spin as well.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
But having said that I won't bother changing ball - I've got shedloads of such as AD333s and NXTs - so might just swap out what's in my bag for these.