Will this be the last 'proper' Ryder Cup in America

1GG_Grumps

Hacker
Visit site
GinD

Nicklaus conceded a 5 footer to Jacklin in the last match that meant the overall result was a tie. Nicklaus said "I knew you would make it but did not want to give you the opportunity to miss" or something like that.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
GinD

Nicklaus conceded a 5 footer to Jacklin in the last match that meant the overall result was a tie. Nicklaus said "I knew you would make it but did not want to give you the opportunity to miss" or something like that.

That putt appears to have at least doubled in length over the years.

Pretty sure it was a 2 footer.

Fine gesture all the same.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think the crowds on the PGA tour are becoming an issue and you could argue they crossed a line at the weekend. I have some concerns that the Ryder Cup crowds will be too large and too raucous for the marshals to handle. I think Bob may have a point and if it gets too bad and we get a repeat of the War on The Shore or Brookline then the European Tour may raise the issues and some players may feel it has become too OTT.

I would like to think the US team and Davis Love will make sure things don't get out of hand but with alcohol on sale it has the potential to get pretty ugly. I am a firm believer in supporting your own side and being patriotic but it has got close to being too much on both sides of the Atlantic

Secker

Visit site
The more we beat them the louder they get. Aw shucks it must be killing them taking just 4 victories since 1985.

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The abuse dished out to Sergio at the weekend doesn't bode well for a sporting encounter. :-(

And isn't this "gent" Davis Love the one who aimed some pretty awful remarks at Paul Lawrie after he (Lawrie) won the Open at Carnoustie?

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site