John Daly , Ryder Cup Captain???

Richuk123

Head Pro
Visit site
John Daly as a Ryder Cup Captain????

Personally, as the Yanks have clearly lost their way in this Event, then a radical solution is needed.

This years RC showed that there is clearly no unity or team desire to win it. The post match press conference was the most cringe worthy TV I have seen all year. Only Patrick Reed looked remotely interested and the "sssshhh" to the crowd was ace, and deserved after the stick he got on the 1st tee.

It has been noted in the US Press that a few caddies had mentioned his name.... Has the United States running through his veins, wants the job and personally, would do a damn fine job too. He would have the respect of the players, and would take a kick from behind if they did not show up. The team spirit would be back and JD would do all the prep and have people around him that knew the players well, not forgetting he'd be a huge fan favourite, the noise would be unreal.... His Mate "Kid Rock" supplying the opening ceremony music?!?!?...... yes please! :D:D

The PGA (I don't think) will have the guts to pick him, based on his "previous" , but other than Freddy Couples, I can't think of another player who could turn them around, and I want them to sort it, Becoming one sided at the moment.

What do you all think??

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
John Daly as a Ryder Cup Captain????

Personally, as the Yanks have clearly lost their way in this Event, then a radical solution is needed.

This years RC showed that there is clearly no unity or team desire to win it. The post match press conference was the most cringe worthy TV I have seen all year. Only Patrick Reed looked remotely interested and the "sssshhh" to the crowd was ace, and deserved after the stick he got on the 1st tee.

It has been noted in the US Press that a few caddies had mentioned his name.... Has the United States running through his veins, wants the job and personally, would do a damn fine job too. He would have the respect of the players, and would take a kick from behind if they did not show up. The team spirit would be back and JD would do all the prep and have people around him that knew the players well, not forgetting he'd be a huge fan favourite, the noise would be unreal.... His Mate "Kid Rock" supplying the opening ceremony music?!?!?...... yes please! :D:D

The PGA (I don't think) will have the guts to pick him, based on his "previous" , but other than Freddy Couples, I can't think of another player who could turn them around, and I want them to sort it, Becoming one sided at the moment.

What do you all think??

There is more chance of Kim Kardashian being Ryder Cup captain.

D

Deleted member 15344

Dont think it matters who is captain

The US players will always be a bunch of individuals where as Europe find a way to blend as a team

But John Daly will never be a captain imo

Richuk123

Head Pro
Visit site
Dont think it matters who is captain

The US players will always be a bunch of individuals where as Europe find a way to blend as a team

But John Daly will never be a captain imo

Fair point, but I think you could turn them into a team, but it's all down to who's in charge. I think Couples will get the Gig in 2016 and will do a far better Job than Watson.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've more chance of getting to Category 1 than Daly has of getting the Ryder Cup captaincy. There's a long time to go until the next match and I'm sure the US will address the issues inside their camp and lets not forget they are at home and desperate to win so they'll be right up for it and impeccably prepared this time

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cant see it.
To be honest the USA have to get back on track and quickly,imo Europe are just
getting stronger and stronger.
Fred Couples for me but whoever it is has their work cut out,one wrong move
and the daggers will be out.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A Ryder Cup captain who has never played in the event....

That would be novel and surely farcical. As has already been highlighted, the US problem is their inability to gel as a team as well as who they put in charge.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being somewhat of a talisman doesn't make you a great leader. Take Flintoff and Peterson when they captained England at cricket, then look at Steve Bruce, Tony Adams, Alan Hansen.....all great leaders but arguably not the talisman in their team. In golfing terms Faldo was the annus horablis of captains, yet he was picked because of his record, when the powers that be should have realised he is neither inspirational nor a leader.

McGinley, was super smart, hugely prepared and methodical beyond belief. For me, they need someone who can get close to the players, and someone who can continue to be on tour to observe the players attitudes and form first hand. Someone who is not necessarily loud, but more someone who can bring a team together.......

Tbh , I don't have a clue who can fit the bill other than Freddie Couples with maybe Stricker as a VC

Last edited: