Will American Police ever learn...

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
You would not believe how many things like this go on every single day. It is like the police believe they have the power to do what ever they want and they do not expect any comeback from it.

A few days ago a 50 year old black male was pulled by a lone police officer. After a bit of a struggle the man got free and ran away. The police officer then proceeded to shoot him 4 times in the back, run up to him, kick and cuff him. The police officer said he opened up because he feared for his life, what, from a 50 year old man running away who was clearly unarmed. What the officer did not realize is that someone stood there and recorded the hole thing on their phone.

Another good one that got filmed by a bystander. Young black male chased by police cars until he finally stopped. The police pulled up away from him, drew their weapons and told him to slowly get out of the car with his hands above his head. He gets told to turn round and put his hands on top of the car, which he starts to do. But as he lowers his hands down one of the officers just opens up on him, so hearing gunshots all of them follow and shoot the hell out of him. This is happening in the middle of a residential area in the afternoon when people with children are standing around.

One tip I have been given is if the Police pull me over is to turn on my phones camera and point it out of the car to record everything that is happening and being said.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
A few days ago a 50 year old black male was pulled by a lone police officer. After a bit of a struggle the man got free and ran away. The police officer then proceeded to shoot him 4 times in the back, run up to him, kick and cuff him.

He shot him 8 times IIRC.
They all look like US Marine meathead wannabees to me, in reality they're just fat knackers with a twitchy trigger finger!

TigerIsAmazing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You would not believe how many things like this go on every single day. It is like the police believe they have the power to do what ever they want and they do not expect any comeback from it.

A few days ago a 50 year old black male was pulled by a lone police officer. After a bit of a struggle the man got free and ran away. The police officer then proceeded to shoot him 4 times in the back, run up to him, kick and cuff him. The police officer said he opened up because he feared for his life, what, from a 50 year old man running away who was clearly unarmed. What the officer did not realize is that someone stood there and recorded the hole thing on their phone.

Another good one that got filmed by a bystander. Young black male chased by police cars until he finally stopped. The police pulled up away from him, drew their weapons and told him to slowly get out of the car with his hands above his head. He gets told to turn round and put his hands on top of the car, which he starts to do. But as he lowers his hands down one of the officers just opens up on him, so hearing gunshots all of them follow and shoot the hell out of him. This is happening in the middle of a residential area in the afternoon when people with children are standing around.

One tip I have been given is if the Police pull me over is to turn on my phones camera and point it out of the car to record everything that is happening and being said.
yes you'll have the foresight to do that when two hand guns are being pointed at you and being shouted at to get out of the car!!

Maybe a dash cam with sound might be better.

Beezerk is right about 8 times and the man was dead- the officer is on trial for murder now and the force have admitted the homicide by this officer.

There are many recorded instances due to phones, how many previously would have got away with it.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site

If you have done nothing wrong why would you bother..

Im not for a second condoning what happened in either instance , but lets calm down a bit , how many ordinary traffic stops , arrests etc do american police do every day ? this is a very very minor percentage and its massively publicised as common happening

Again im not for a second condoning what happened there is no way it could be accepted .. but how many people that have followed the polices instructions have been beaten or shot

Guys most of us can never understand the mentality of the american criminal or american cop ... & thats a good thing

Last edited:

TigerIsAmazing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Im not for a second condoning what happened in either instance , but lets calm down a bit , how many ordinary traffic stops , arrests etc do american police do every day ? this is a very very minor percentage and its massively publicised as common happening

Again im not for a second condoning what happened there is no way it could be accepted .. but how many people that have followed the polices instructions have been beaten or shot

Guys most of us can never understand the mentality of the american criminal or american cop ... & thats a good thing
this is a good point, and relates to UK police as well, they are only Human

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
You'd think they'd always check for the eye in the sky...

Their actions will more than likely have repercussions for the many honest and diligent officers serving their duties exactly as they should be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32263508

I cant believe they laid into him like that for just stealing a horse. There must be more to the story than meets the eye.

Not condoning the police behaviour here but if the guy just murdered a cop or innocent person then its a bit more understandable - I guess?!

C

c1973

Looked like he was lying prone on the ground, arms & legs spread, awaiting arrest. I'd imagine he was (albeit most probably belatedly) following instructions.

I for one hope every last one of them gets locked up. At the very least they should be losing their job. Shocking abuse of power.

Who will guard the guards?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hard to see the full story from the picture in the OP. Good to see the cop who shot the guy running away being charged with murder although with the incident on film what else could they do. I'm sure there is still a lot of "vigilante" type action the police take and get away with. Compare the US police actions to our own and it does give you a degree of faith in our policing although we know our own forces aren't immune from a few rogue officers thinking they are some type of untouchable

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
While I no way condone the actions of the police in this clip it only reminds me of the years I worked pub/nightclub security. People/bystanders generally only see the culmination of events, like a steward fighting of forcefully ejecting someone, get their camera out and all off a sudden the true story is twisted out of all proportion and the steward is the big bad wolf. What they haven't seen is the guy taking a cheap swipe at the doorman, continually mouthing off at him for the last 30 minutes, refusing to leave etc etc.
the story the other day of the guy being shot while trying to run away was a bit of a shocker, the police officer certainly looks to be in the wrong. What annoyed me about it is the way they continually turn it into a race thing. White cop shoots black guy, can't it just say police officer shoots suspect, the media stirring the pot!!
Twice the videos show that guy running away from the police, if you haven't done anything why run away.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
While I no way condone the actions of the police in this clip it only reminds me of the years I worked pub/nightclub security. People/bystanders generally only see the culmination of events, like a steward fighting of forcefully ejecting someone, get their camera out and all off a sudden the true story is twisted out of all proportion and the steward is the big bad wolf. What they haven't seen is the guy taking a cheap swipe at the doorman, continually mouthing off at him for the last 30 minutes, refusing to leave etc etc.
the story the other day of the guy being shot while trying to run away was a bit of a shocker, the police officer certainly looks to be in the wrong. What annoyed me about it is the way they continually turn it into a race thing. White cop shoots black guy, can't it just say police officer shoots suspect, the media stirring the pot!!
Twice the videos show that guy running away from the police, if you haven't done anything why run away.
Boy oh boy do i hear ya on that ..

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

An excellent point very well made.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
What annoyed me about it is the way they continually turn it into a race thing. White cop shoots black guy, can't it just say police officer shoots suspect, the media stirring the pot!!

To be honest it does appear to be a race thing at times. When it involves a white person they normally receive some heavy handed treatment and get a bit of a kicking. When it involves a black person it involves a shooting.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site

It doesn't matter if you have nothing wrong or not. The Police are not allowed to just pull you over in America for a spot check, unless you have done something wrong. But they have a habit of pulling you over then making something up. One young lad set his phone off to record one of these incidents.

He he followed the officers directions to the letter. When he came to the window the driver asked why he had been pulled as he is entitled to ask and the Police have to tell you why. The coppers answer to him was something along the guidelines of "I've not decided yet, but I'm sure I can think of something"

The lad gives the copper his license, registration and insurance card as required to carry by law here in your car at all times. The car is in his step fathers name, so different surnames, so the copper basically accuses him of steeling it and tells him to get out of the car. The lad tells the copper to ring his stepdad, at this the copper goes off on one. The car hasn't been reported stolen, there are obviously no signs of it being stolen and how the hell has he got the keys if it was stolen anyway.

The copper now slams the lad face first into the bonnet and handcuffs him for failure to comply with his directions....:confused: The lad asks again why the copper is doing this and the copper tells him "because he can" and then more or less picks him off the bonnet with his hands behind cuffed behind his back and throws him to the floor, before dragging him away to his squad car.

That is why people are saying to set your phone off if you get pulled. The lad never did anything wrong, but apparently the police officer said he did and by coincidence the police car cam wasn't turned on either. The officer tried charging him with failure to stop, not complying with an officers directions, attacking him and resisting arrest. If it wasn't for the lad turning his phone on he would now have a criminal record and might have done some jail time.

so saying if you've done nothing wrong why do you need to is no good over here.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
To be honest it does appear to be a race thing at times. When it involves a white person they normally receive some heavy handed treatment and get a bit of a kicking. When it involves a black person it involves a shooting.

That could well be true mate, I don't know, but the white officer shoots black guy from St. Louis last year the mayor revealed the crime stats from the city, can't remember the exact percentage now but it said something like blacks were 3 times more likely to be involved in violent crime than whites. That's got to increase their chances of being shot.
Blacks also make up nearly 50% of the prison population in America??? So maybe there's more to the white cop shoots black guy than meets the eye.
I'm in no way racist and just kinda trying to see all sides here.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So what you saying is (correct me if I'm wrong here), when it concerns an African American, not matter what but shoot first and ask questions later? Because of the higher crime stats allows them to?
Reports also states that a large number of the Black prison population are put inside for non-violent offenses.

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So what you saying is (correct me if I'm wrong here), when it concerns an African American, not matter what but shoot first and ask questions later? Because of the higher crime stats allows them to?
Reports also states that a large number of the Black prison population are put inside for non-violent offenses.

I don't think he is saying that at all?! I really don't like the phrase "so what you're saying is", because 99% of the time, it's not what they're saying!

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That could well be true mate, I don't know, but the white officer shoots black guy from St. Louis last year the mayor revealed the crime stats from the city, can't remember the exact percentage now but it said something like blacks were 3 times more likely to be involved in violent crime than whites. That's got to increase their chances of being shot.
Blacks also make up nearly 50% of the prison population in America??? So maybe there's more to the white cop shoots black guy than meets the eye.
I'm in no way racist and just kinda trying to see all sides here.

Highlighted part suggests so...........

Doesn't matter what happened prior to when the video started, victim could had cussed his mother or spat in his face.
The victim was a overweight 50 year old that wasn't going to get away if the officer in question gave chase...simple. There was no need whatsoever to unload 8 shots.