WiFi Advice Please

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got the TP link type and they worked fine for a couple of months but then suddenly stopped working, I've tried resetting, pairing and set up again but no joy. sad.

Ours did the same after about 2 years, the box at the router end had gone inside. Good old John Lewis to the rescue, they will replace anything as long as you have a receipt and a good reason. Best customer service I know!

If you can work out which one is broken you might be able to replace it from eBay or return it if you have the reciept.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ours did the same after about 2 years, the box at the router end had gone inside. Good old John Lewis to the rescue, they will replace anything as long as you have a receipt and a good reason. Best customer service I know!

If you can work out which one is broken you might be able to replace it from eBay or return it if you have the reciept.
HID, is always telling me to keep receipts . I'll have a good search in my files [ glove compartment ] Thanks SB :cheers:

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry not replied sooner, but been away overnight.
My wife has managed to negotiate a discount of over £11 (were paying £16) a month, which looks like BT know we have a problem they can not help with. The comparison websites gave us a list of four companies who would provide service for around £5.
The free cables have arrived and we shall try to take up some of the advice offered. My daughter has suggested the plug in boosters too. Thanks to everyone for your advice, much appreciated and I suppose I should be 'thankful' for the speed I have got!!

I still don't understand what the actual problem is. Are you able to plug your laptop/pc/mac whatever into the router / hub directly go to www.speedtest.net and run a speed test? If you do, what is the output of that? If it's around 6Mb what happens if you repeat the test using just a wifi connected to the router / hub? You would expect for it to be very similar although slightly less. If it is then you should do some trouble shooting. 1. is it the device, i.e. perhaps the sky tv wireless card has issues. If it's the same across all devices then it has to be the hub/router so either changing the channel or replacing the router will no doubt help. As others have said, homeplugs running from the router to the tv are a good solution to prevent the need to use the wireless.