Why would you?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just had a look on facebook. A pal of mine has bought a bungalow that backs onto his golf club car park. Opens the gate and he is at the club. Anyway he has just posted a photo on Facebook. Someone is on the course has about 20 balls and is chipping them from 50 yards out onto the 18th. He then goes on to say that one of the green keeping staff is on a MC drove past and not said a word.
Now my initial thoughts are Twazzock. Could the club be fined, why would the GC staff not say owt, is it one of the staff. Is he actually testing the greens. That aside it is on FB. Am sure the club would not be impressed if they found out. Could he not wait one more week.
Thoughts me dears.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Could be the Pro or Asst. Pro.
Maybe they're in manning phones and they're on lunch break...not sure if that's allowed but it could be the reason.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Could be the Pro or Asst. Pro.
Maybe they're in manning phones and they're on lunch break...not sure if that's allowed but it could be the reason.
Just seen a reply on the post on FB and they have not said it’s a member of staff.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Could be a pro.
Certain "elite golfers" are allowed to continue practicing if it's their main job.
Ave just asked the poster who I know quite well if it’s anyone from the staff. The guy who is on the course walked on with a carrier bag full of balls and one club. He does not recognise him as a member. ☹️

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We had one at my course. Walking, with a dog, a couple of clubs, and a couple of balls. Not a member, nothing to be done. If it was a member, he would be banned, but it wasn't.

Mandofred

Visit site
In their minds (before anybody yells at me....not in MY mind) they justify it by telling themselves they aren't causing any Covid problems.....nobody is near them...so why not. I can see that point of view....but it's not allowed. This is the thinking that quite a few people have on various actions.....

D

Deleted Member 1156

In their minds (before anybody yells at me....not in MY mind) they justify it by telling themselves they aren't causing any Covid problems.....nobody is near them...so why not. I can see that point of view....but it's not allowed. This is the thinking that quite a few people have on various actions.....
Yep. There is a tennis court in the park that I walk round, seen people using it quite a lot during lockdown. As you say, not doing anyone any harm but that's not the point :rolleyes:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

The problem lies in that thinking if everyone follows it. It's very typical of people not able to grasp the bigger picture of things.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've heard of people chipping in parks or fields! As walking is fine and all that

But least I guess it's safer on the golf course

Is he the owner maybe? He can do what he wants on his land

Tashyboy

Visit site
I've heard of people chipping in parks or fields! As walking is fine and all that

But least I guess it's safer on the golf course

Is he the owner maybe? He can do what he wants on his land

just watching the discussion on the Fb post. A couple of members are moaning like the clappers as the course has not had one person working on it throughout the lockdown as there all furloughed. Two have started today. Not sure what they would expect. One of the lads has gone for a walk on the course and he mentioned there’s a 50 yd piece of fairway a shovels width that has
“ disappeared “. Two me,bets have seen the lad playing on the course but they are of the ilk “ we are not getting involved if the Greenkeepers are not”.