WHS - Subbing a card from a different course

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes and yes. Using 3.2
OK

Well, in that case, I suspect members would rather play 18 holes of golf with 3 holes on temps, than play 15 holes of golf simply so that the score goes towards handicap. My feeling anyway, that would be my preference.

And, moving away from temp greens, and the case at our club where the 18th is in play and shortened, I am pretty sure members would rather that, than have to walk in after 17 holes. So, I think the Committee have made the correct call in simply prohibiting scores for handicap, and allowing members to play 18 holes over the winter.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
OK

Well, in that case, I suspect members would rather play 18 holes of golf with 3 holes on temps, than play 15 holes of golf simply so that the score goes towards handicap. My feeling anyway, that would be my preference.

And, moving away from temp greens, and the case at our club where the 18th is in play and shortened, I am pretty sure members would rather that, than have to walk in after 17 holes. So, I think the Committee have made the correct call in simply prohibiting scores for handicap, and allowing members to play 18 holes over the winter.
But it doesn't do anything for stopping players protecting their handicaps.
But players will do what they want regardless of the objectives of the authors of the system.

Swango1980

Visit site
But it doesn't do anything for stopping players protecting their handicaps.
But players will do what they want regardless of the objectives of the authors of the system.
Nope, but if the system could gave allowed players to play 18 holes, but make it possible to remove specific holes from the round for handicap purposes, then the issue could be resolved. But, I guess that was too difficult.

Instead a club need to make a choice. Close holes completely so that rounds are submitted for handicap, or allow players to play 18 but not able to put scores on for handicap.

Believe it or not, although I am sure many golfers want scores to count for handicap, I am sure that is not their primary goal. I am sure many would rather just play 18 holes of golf, and sacrifice submitting their score.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't see anything to prevent players playing the closed holes except that the committee might have to do a bit of extra work.