WHS scoring

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So today is the first day the new WHS scoring hcap system is used. Am off for a round in 10 mins and decided not to enter the NQ comps til at least January. There may be some good scores come in. Keep us up to date if there is some above average scores come in ?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
So today is the first day the new WHS scoring hcap system is used. Am off for a round in 10 mins and decided not to enter the NQ comps til at least January. There may be some good scores come in. Keep us up to date if there is some above average scores come in ?

I played my first one on 3rd November.I only managed 33 points (would have been in buffer in October) but I blamed the pressure of the number of times I had to explain the mysteries of HI, CH and PH.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I played my first one on 3rd November.I only managed 33 points (would have been in buffer in October) but I blamed the pressure of the number of times I had to explain the mysteries of HI, CH and PH.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and your 36 points, might or might not be level par, just because you get more shots doesn't mean it is a harder course etc etc:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Whaddya mean you have played for 40 years but you've no idea how many shots you get in a gruesomes greensomes 2 ball scramble matchplay!!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

Yep...i played on the 3rd Nov...shot a gross 79 for a 0.6 cut in index. Playing again on Sunday one of my best 8 scores will drop off after Sunday as it is my 20th oldest score. Need to shoot 82 to maintain my index, anything worse than an 84 will see it rise to 11.3. After that, my index will not increase no matter how badly I play for the next 9 rounds, because all my best scores will be in the most recent 11 rounds.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep...i played on the 3rd Nov...shot a gross 79 for a 0.6 cut in index. Playing again on Sunday one of my best 8 scores will drop off after Sunday as it is my 20th oldest score. Need to shoot 82 to maintain my index, anything worse than an 84 will see it rise to 11.3. After that, my index will not increase no matter how badly I play for the next 9 rounds, because all my best scores will be in the most recent 11 rounds.

Recent form far too consistent. You need to have a long hard look and award yourself a cut.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Been in lockdown since the new whs started ? played today and wrapped over, ankle and back is throbbing. Wished I had stayed under the duvet.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First game today. Pretty much unchanged.

UHS handicap 10 WHS Course handicap 10 some good and some bad. Must have dropped 8 shots on the greens with poor putting. Result 30 points.

At least the new Sim 5 wood went well.

One benefit of the day I knocked the only incorrect score off my 20 in my handicap record.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Recent form far too consistent. You need to have a long hard look and award yourself a cut.

In the summer I dumped a set of "game improvement" irons I'd been fitted for back in early 2019 and went back to a "players iron" similar to what I'd previously played...haven't looked back since!!!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Now that's a heck of a thought to have on the 1st tee ?

Indeed....I deliberately posted it as an example as to the thought processes that a player would have to go through to determine what he might need to do to "manipulate" his handicap by throwing in a bad score.....no longer a case of "I'll just toss off a bad round and get that 0.1 back that will give me an extra shot in next weeks open".