WHS - Adjusted Gross

hombre_paulo

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hoping someone can clear up something for me.
Played a comp yesterday. WHS 9.0. PH 10.0
Shot 31 points, with blobs on hole 4 (par 4 SI 3), hole 9 (par 5 SI 15) and hole 15 (par 5 SI 16)
I entered a score of 0 for these holes on my card
When looking at my card on MyEG app the 'blobbed' holes have been marked down as net pars for adjusted gross. (5 for each hole)
My understanding from the WHS rules was adjusted gross was net double bogey, not net par?
What am I missing?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
You may also need to share which tool/app/system you, or the comps team, key the scores into.

Did you put the zero in the points box? What did you put, if anything, in the gross score box?

hombre_paulo

Medal Winner
Visit site
Club uses howdidido to manage comps and score entry.
Scores for the 'blobbed' holes were left as 0 - no option to mark as not completed

wjemather

Visit site
Club uses howdidido to manage comps and score entry.

Scores for the 'blobbed' holes were left as 0 - no option to mark as not completed
HowDidiDo prompts to confirm played/not played when 'no score' is selected or a zero entered. If you don't get this prompt, you will need to update your app (as the one you have is extremely out of date).

If you have entered your score using the touchscreen PSI, skipping a hole (by using the arrow keys) tells the system that the hole was not played; a zero must be entered for the prompt to be presented.

You will also need to contact your handicap committee to correct your score.

Last edited:

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hoping someone can clear up something for me.
Played a comp yesterday. WHS 9.0. PH 10.0
Shot 31 points, with blobs on hole 4 (par 4 SI 3), hole 9 (par 5 SI 15) and hole 15 (par 5 SI 16)
I entered a score of 0 for these holes on my card
When looking at my card on MyEG app the 'blobbed' holes have been marked down as net pars for adjusted gross. (5 for each hole)
My understanding from the WHS rules was adjusted gross was net double bogey, not net par?
What am I missing?

You're missing a system that is correctly programmed, I reckon.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
It sounds like the zeros have been treated as holes not played. Under WHS, a round of 15 holes is acceptable with the 3 not played being allocated net pars.
I thought that 14 holes played could be entered as an 18 hole round (with adjustments for the four holes not played)?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I expect Alan referred to 15 hole because that is the number the OP had played rather than as the minimum required. The minimum will depend on where you live. It is 10 holes in the UK and Ireland.

Is it me? Or did the OP not say he had actually played all 18 holes?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure of your point. You didn't only play 15 holes. You played 18 and had 3 blobs. As you imply, they should have been allocated net double bogey.