MyEG app - Course Handicap/Playing Handicap

Trodski

Visit site
On the MyEG app for a round your course handicap is displayed but not your PH.

Had a bit of a weird one today in that CH was 11, PH 10 but on hole SI11 I got a treble bogey. On the app I get a shot on that hole so a net double bogey would be a treble however I didn’t get a shot in the competition (PH 10) so a net double bogey would be a double.

The 6 on the par 3 was not adjusted to a 5 on MyEG because I'm assuming it based on the CH displayed at the top of the scorecard?

Is this likely to be ‘changed’ in the app when it updates overnight?

A net double on that hole would reduce the score differential.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

Had a bit of a weird one today in that CH was 11, PH 10 but on hole SI11 I got a treble bogey. On the app I get a shot on that hole so a net double bogey would be a treble however I didn’t get a shot in the competition (PH 10) so a net double bogey would be a double.

The 6 on the par 3 was not adjusted to a 5 on MyEG because I'm assuming it based on the CH displayed at the top of the scorecard?

It won't be adjusted - as handicaps (ie the rounding to nett double bogey) are calculated using CH. The PH is not connected to handicaps - it is are only used for competition purposes

Swango1980

Visit site

As Backswoodman said, the MyEG App has nothing to do with competitions. It is simply a record of your scores for handicap, and therefore only the Course Handicap is relevant.

In Competitions, you may have a different playing handicap. The Club ISVs (the software your club uses to manage the competitions) will take care of your Playing Handicap and the Competition Result

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
The App doesn't know what format you're playing, so it doesn't know the allowance, so it can't calculate the PH. EG could have a box added where you can choose your format and then the app could calculate PH; but PH isn't needed for handicap maths so it would be a nice to have feature rather than a necessity. I doubt they'll bother as it will be just one more thing for people to complain about.

DickInShorts

Visit site
As Backswoodman said, the MyEG App has nothing to do with competitions. It is simply a record of your scores for handicap, and therefore only the Course Handicap is relevant.

In Competitions, you may have a different playing handicap. The Club ISVs (the software your club uses to manage the competitions) will take care of your Playing Handicap and the Competition Result
The Scottish Golf version of the same DotGolf App has a lot to do with competitions at those clubs who use it for management - including scoring - and it still only shows CH!