Whos your favourite golfer??

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Padraig Harrington-Hes a man who has made the most of his talent-Hes not the most talented golfer in the top ten but has worked hard to get where he is.

FOr some older members Christy O'Connor Snr was such a natural golfer with a super swing.

geronimo

Head Pro
Visit site
jack nicklaus is my fav all time golfer, love watching his dvd's.In my opinion he is the all time best and even if tiger wins more majors he still wont be the best. Jack could hit 350 with a wooden bat!

As for current players i would have to say big ernie, he seems a nice bloke and jasper parnevik for much the same reasons.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Who is yours Floppy?

My favourite was Seve, it simply has to be for the flair, accuracy and the ability to miraculously recover from some of the most dire situations.

Of the current crop I like Ian Poulter (nothing to do with Cobra before anybody starts!), I like the way he approaches the game, the way he dresses and having met him I found him to be a nice guy. These sentiments contradict those of a lot of people though who think he is a show-pony/flash git/arrogant posterial orifice/etc etc. This however is my choice.

Others I like are Monty, Els, Westwood, Garcia, Harrington, Jiminez and Clarke.

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
Probably Tiger, for obvious reasons. I know Tiger's dominance of the game of golf is a subject of some debate, but I feel fortunate to be able to witness someone who will undoubtedly go on to become the greatest player of all time.

To be honest I like most of the other guys and like to see them all winning. Most of the American players leave me a bit cold especially Phil Mickelson.

B

birdieman

Would agree with MWJ, it's Sevvy B for me too, he had flair, personality, presence, fantastic short game and at times awful driving game which, all things considered, made him the best to watch.
Not my generation but Lee Trevino must have been great to follow.
Of the modern guys there is a dearth of personalities, too many robots, but quite like the style of Paul Casey - cocky, aggressive and fearless - pity his game has gone off the rails recently!

FLOPSHOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like Tiger for his attitude to life not just his golf.
i like andres romero i think he's mustard and gonna do some damage in 2008. English guys my favourite is probably paul casey or westwood . I like sergio on a saturdays i think hes well accurate and talented, i like his cheekyness. shame he cant hole out on sundays.
chris Dimarco is a pretty determined golfer i like the way he chased tiger in 2005 at the masters incredible golf

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Interesting thread. Mine are

Seve - greatest scrambler and flair player ever

Nick Faldo - One of the real grinders - never knew when he was beaten (met him a few times and I've always found him approachable and with a very quick dry sense of humour)

Padaraig - A triumph for belief over ability

Westwood - A natural talent who has such a happy carefree attitude - never changes whter he is 4 under or 4 over. Also very generous - donated a signed shirt to a charity auction I organised onthe basis of a on spec letter to his home address

Rose - Don't believe him to be a choker. He will be the British number 1 for years to come and will get his major. Also gave a signed shirt. From what I hear he will try and help anyone with signed stuff where he can (for good causes)

Poulter - Just love his maverick attitude to the game. Its so refreshing to see a player actually tell it how it is in interviews - if he plays crap he says so - none of this I was unlucky rubbish. And I love his dress sense

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I simply cannot see how anybody could go as far as to say they hate Clarke, hate is a very strong word.

What happeneded chipin1, did he run over your labrador or did his cat poo in your roses?

Hate? Not comfortable with it.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
For me, Seve, by a mile.

Then Trevino and Tom Watson.

Can't think of many current pros I get excited about watching although Tiger is obviously unbelievable when he's on song.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Seve for his scrambling ability. (Im sorry im so like him in that respect)
Darren clarke, One fella who still gets to smoke in his workplace, plus he's a fellow Northern Irish fella who I really wish could get a few more competitions under his belt, maybe even a major. To me he's like a friendly Monty, when hes in control of his game he is a joy to watch but does have his moments when it just dwindles and leaves him mid top ten on sunday.
Sergio is great to watch, golf is a slow miving sport but both himself and Tiger make the game more exciting to watch.
Fred Couples has the best looking swing in the past 20 years in my opinion.
Worth a mention also is the few japanese players that grace our british open each year, if they are 10 under or 10 over they never fail to smile their way round.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seve has got my vote, I always loved to watch him so wonderfull from anywhere on the course. I dont think Tiger would be as good if he found himself in places Seve was in.....
Faldo Langer and Couples also come a close joint 2nd. They where class acts.....

Like Brendy I like watching Clarke and the rest of the Irish guys because like us they all played in their local clubs inter/club matches. I also have a claim to fame of playing behind Clarke in a major amature championship, god he was good. But thats quite a few years ago.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Although long before my time Francis Ouimet and Harry Vardon are very high up on my list for what they done to really get golf going as a sport.

Of the modern crop I like Geoff Ogilvy. He seems a chilled fella. Gives a good interview and is a mighty fine player. I also like Justin Rose, after the start he had to his pro career he could have easily fallen by the way but he stuck to it and has the making of a multi major winner.

Am looking forward to the next crop of Scots coming through, Monty is and always will be my favourite Scottish player but hopefully Lloyd Saltman and Marc Warren will make me question that in years to come!

T

thecraw

Payne Stewart RIP.

Great talent sadly taken from the world just before his peak. True gentleman and gracious player. Also added a bit of flair and colour to the fairways. Poulter doesnt even come close!