One on my right arm - Chinese symbol for life
Right calf - Celtic Symbol

Left Calf - Liverbird

Would happily get rid of the Chinese and Celtic symbol

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have 3, admittedly all large.

I have a full Japanese sleeve and chest piece on my right hand side.

My back is covered by a tribal piece and my upper left arm is also full.

Don't regret any of them and will probably add more sooner rather than later.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
None for me. I imagine this is purely a personal thing but I think they look pretty awful on women if they are trying to wear elegant dresses. Can't decide if I am being sexist, old fashioned or both, but it just makes my teeth itch when I see that.

S

Snelly

Every single tattoo I have ever seen looks absolutely rubbish. Including mine.

I think that the propensity to have them is a passing fad and many will regret having them over the coming decade or two.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
None. They don't offend me at all but I have absolutely no reason to get one. Anything important to me exists in a state that does not require 'inking' them onto a limb etc.

Can fully understand armed services folk having them (given what they go through as part of support for comrades and that sense of togetherness) but think it's insanity having them as a fashion statement given the transitory nature of the fashion world. I'd like a nice beard but will wait until it's no longer popular and Mrs chucker acquiesces - not sure which will come first, there.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wanna be a hipster these days?

Try being clean shaven and having no tattoos.

They are not for me. Each to their own.

Weird how some people think that it's sad to have ones of golf but any number of silly tats are deemed fine.

Some of those hogan ones are great pieces of art.

U

User62651

Seems like a lasting trend, indifferent to it personally and dont have any, no intention of starting now. In my view some look quite good, however a lot look plain awful, don't mind the tribal or celtic interweave on shoulder/chest/upper arm, quite like Flea's chest tats but webs on necks or letters on fingers is truly the worst imo. You generally need an athletic physique to carry body tattoos off, how many of us have that?
Girls its more difficult imo, tattoos by nature seem masculine to me and I haven't seen many on women that I've thought enhanced their appearance, always the exception of course and little ones on ankles or wrists can be ok.
Played golf with a fellow who has Tiger Woods drawn on forearm in full red and black colours, probably 7" tall, not a great look tbh.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like the 3rd one down although probably wouldn't get it.

I would definitely consider getting a more subtle one of the Dad tattoo though.

Pooba popo bagpipes.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have quite a few on my upper arms, lower arms, chest, back....

Looking through those some of them were a bit corny/cheesy, but the one I really liked and would seriously consider, even now at my age, was the skeleton player squatting down with the skull face in the tree in the background also, that was excellent and a bit different :thup:

View attachment 19334

Should be the emblem for the old farts this coming June :)

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't have any but I have a few friends who do. They range from a Marvel themed sleeve(Thor, Iron Man etc) to a Harry Potter themed sleeve :). All have been done very very well and probably worth £2000-£3000 each... :(

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
None. I get bored with cars, golf gear and stuff so I could see me charging my mind about a tatoo and regreting it which would be a bit of a problem.

Any of you regret the tatoo(s) you have.

Av-it

Visit site
I have two half sleeves of traditional Japanese designs (Koi, dragons etc.)
But they were to cover over a couple of definitely none PC ones I had done when I was 16-18.
I'm 52 now and sometimes wish I hadn't started.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't have any but I have a few friends who do. They range from a Marvel themed sleeve(Thor, Iron Man etc) to a Harry Potter themed sleeve :). All have been done very very well and probably worth £2000-£3000 each... :(

Big difference between worth and cost. They costs between £2-3k. They are worth bigger all!

grown men with marvel tattoos? Jesus Christ what is this world coming to