Who was your player of 2021?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Who was your golfer (or team) of the year? It can be anyone, male or female/pro or amateur/individual or team, it just has to be from 2021 with reasons why ideally as it will go on the site..

Mine would very nearly be the European Solheim team but would have to go with Mickelson at the PGA. To win another major after a weekend of Brooksy et al going at him was nuts. The fact that he did not a lot the rest of the year on the PGA Tour seemed to make it even better. Ta

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Richard Bland. Not just for his win but he competed frequently at the top end of the ET proving it wasn't just a one off. A great story.

Good call.... that was a nail biting finish at the Belfry. I wonder if they adjourned to a nearby pub cos of the bar prices on site?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
A local matter. Unlikely to mean much to anyone else, but I found it to be inspiring.
Steve Sansome (current HI +2.9) won the Leicestershire Amateur Championship and the Leicestershire Senior Championship.
Phenomenal Double.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Kaz, forumer winning a National title.

Pro golf is another sport altogether, amateur is something we can relate to even at the elite standard Kaz plays at.

Agreed. Other than that it would have to be Bland's win although I did enjoy the Daniel Gavins story too. Seems LP rarely shot anything over par so you'd have to argue he was the best and most consistent golfer on here :D:LOL:

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I'll go with this. Won another major, competed in the others, established himself as clearly one of the top 5 players in the world and he's still only 24.

And that major was the second he had won at his first attempt.

And then he was the first American to win the Race to Dubai.

Morikawa gets my vote.