White headed clubs

Mike1991lfc

Visit site
Im in the market for some new fairway woods.

I was wondering if the white headed clubs mark up an scratch easily? Or do they look as good as they do in the shops for a while

any advice would be great

mike

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have had my R11 driver for over two seasons now and there is not a mark on it anywhere. I can only speak for Taylormade, they are very durable.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have the r11s driver 3 qnd 5 woods. None have a mark on the white paint. The dark finish on the face of the 5w does have the odd slight soil impact mark where I have taken a very slim divot. Really not worth worrying over though.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If you look after them properly then they are fine but if you do manage to mark them then they do look crap. Look at the RBZ in the for sale section it has a sky mark on... Use it for an example.

All mine are fine except the face of the rescue which is impossible to keep in perfect condition.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Before you spend more of your 'hard-earned' you might be able to get some suggestions about how to save money - of the order of £100 to £150 for woods.

There are certainly some 'bargains' to be had in some places though.

You may need to describe yourself and your game a bit though.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you look after them properly then they are fine but if you do manage to mark them then they do look crap. Look at the RBZ in the for sale section it has a sky mark on... Use it for an example.

All mine are fine except the face of the rescue which is impossible to keep in perfect condition.

oi, thats not why its for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that was because i had the wrong shaft. when standing over the club its isnt that noticeable, the black does get scratched buts been common since the r7 cgb max

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
LOL I meant he could use it to see how a white headed club looks after a scratch. I can't believe it ain't gone to be honest.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
My mate has the exact same sky mark as yours too mate from a clean range ball so they are maybe not as good at taking a whack as we think.