Which woods do you have in the bag

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've currently got a 3 wood, and i've been playing with trying different lofts on it since its got that option. I'm toying between having a 4 wood, or a 3 and a 5 wood. Help me out with my choice a little bit here.

Which woods do you carry and why?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Driver @ 9
3w @ 15
3h @ 19
4h @ 24

Swapped out the 5w as it didn't give me enough versatility.
3h I can hit high, low, draw and fade easier without losing much distance.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
As per sig. Recently changed my irons, so used to also carry a 25º hybrid but found the new 5 iron much more consistent. Also have a 14º fairway, but it stays in the shed and hardly comes out. Driver is behaving, 18º isn't far enough behind it off the tee to warrant the 14 when driver doesn't behave.

Works for me.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Driver @ 9
3w @ 15
3h @ 19
4h @ 24

Swapped out the 5w as it didn't give me enough versatility.
3h I can hit high, low, draw and fade easier without losing much distance.

Interested to know if you swapped out the 5w for the 3h, or another club took its place. I can see taking the 4 wood and a hybrid around the 19/20 degree mark. I've the space in the bag but wouldn't mind a 3rd wedge to hit my 95-100 yard mark better.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Driver
5 wood
3 hybrid
4 hybrid

all Callaway Rogue

if I was buying tomorrow I would drop the 3h for a 2h I think

irons 5 to pw taken the 4iron out two weeks back
Three vokeys

All you need now is to find some straight shafts so the ball goes straight:whoo:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Usually a 1 wood, a 3 wood and then a 4 or 5 wood.

(But sometimes take two drivers out if I feel that one of them might not behave itself)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
TM M2 Driver and R11S 5w.
Driver for outright distance, 5w and 1i for fairway finding on doglegs or elsewhere that a driver is too much. 5w can go over trees etc where the 1i has a flatter shot shape but runs out well.

D

Deleted member 15717

Driver - 8.5° (Titleist 917)
3 wood - 14.5° (Ping G)
5 wood - 17.5° (Ping G)
Hybrid - 22° (Mizuno MP650)

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
11 degree Titleist 909D3
13 degree Mizuno T-Zoid

For a long time have played with a Ping i3+ 2 iron instead of higher lofted wood or hybrid. As I hit my 2 iron incredibly well.

But I am going to get a new set of clubs this season so will review my options. I think I will probably get a higher lofted 3 wood, as there's only 2 degrees difference between that an my driver and thinking maybe an easier to hit long club would be better as a go to club when I HAVE to hit the fairway.

Maybe a 5 wood or a hybrid instead of a 2 iron but just because a 2 iron is not an easy club to find anymore, slim pickings

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
10 Driver
18 3h

Looking to fill the gap with a fw wood but I cant seem to find one that I am happy with off the tee and off the deck.