Which Swing is Most Asthetically Pleasing?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I always seem to like a "South African" swing...
Ernie and Goose from a while back and Louis more recently
Silky would be a good way to describe them....

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Sam Snead. Had the pleasure of seeing him live once, only time I've seen other pros on the practice ground stop to watch another pro.

Wouldn't argue with Imurg's choices from the current era.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I always seem to like a "South African" swing...
Ernie and Goose from a while back and Louis more recently
Silky would be a good way to describe them....

Snao!

I've seen Luke Donald's close up and that's really good - except for something weird at impact that 'ruins' the aesthetics with a 'what happened there!' question.

Best one, aesthetically or otherwise, for me (and another I've seen close up and just thought 'Wow!') is Matteo Manassero - certainly his irons.

London mike 61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Did anyone notice that they all seemed to lift their left heel in the back swing and bring it down as the down swing started ( when using the driver) ? And bobby jones did it on every shot.
Is that old school thinking or just unpopular nowadays?

London mike 61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The other thing that stood out for me was that their leading foot was flared out to give them a chance to face the target at the finish, and when you look at their ages it doesnt surprise me. And I do think Winifred's swing is the most beautiful , that and Sam sneads.

standrew

Head Pro
Visit site
Did anyone notice that they all seemed to lift their left heel in the back swing and bring it down as the down swing started ( when using the driver) ? And bobby jones did it on every shot.
Is that old school thinking or just unpopular nowadays?

Its essentially to help with a) range and b) sequence. Firing your hips first is inefficient and also difficult as well. Knee first then hips. Range can be extended with lifting the heel.

However, it is not necessary if you have sufficient flexibility, and you can adequately fire your left knee first ala jones, snead, nicklaus etc with the heel down.