Which Sky channels do I need

MikeB

Club Champion
Visit site
Can anyone who has Sky tell me if the golf is always on Sky Sports 1 or 2? I can get these via BT but not 3 or 4 so want to be sure!

MoonPig

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not absolutely sure as i take little notice which channel the golf is on i just click when i see it but a quick glance at tonights schedule and there is european and pga tour golf on sky sports 4 if thats any help.

MikeB

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks gents, I suspected as much, £6.99/channel from BT seemed to good to be true. Does anyone use Sky for broadband/tv/phone/line rental all together, it looks like it can get expensive.

elliottlale

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks gents, I suspected as much, £6.99/channel from BT seemed to good to be true. Does anyone use Sky for broadband/tv/phone/line rental all together, it looks like it can get expensive.

all in, i pay £60 per month, that includes the sky sports package, unlimited broadband and free evening and weekend calls to landlines

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
it does, ive got sky world ( all the channels ) sky hd ) sky broadband and use sky for my phone £80 a month for the lot think the sky world is £51 get charged £10 month for the hd

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Trouble is that Sky have a habit of moving sports around the channels to make sure that you have to subscribe to them all. Rugby leaps all over the shop and then on to ESPN as well (luckly that is free to Virgin customers)

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
true, cant fault them for the golf coverage though, just need to bring back the golf channel, the big break was quality, had some right knobs on it :D

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
all of them!

Just get the sports package, they have a habit of changing channels or even starting a new channel if they have just done a deal with another provider.

Few years ago a mate of mine got ntl as they had just got sky one and two for the cricket away tours. not too long after sky opened another channel sky sports 3 and used to switch to that half way though a game :D

Shaunmg

Head Pro
Visit site
They hop around from 1 to 4; they do it with Rugby League as well, another favourite of mine. I think they do it on purpose to make sure you have them all.

Let me tell you of my experience with sky. I have telephone, broadband and sky with sky sports. I thought I would try BT for the same package and was quoted £20 cheaper than sky, but with only sky sports 1 and 2. So I decided to forgo sky sports 3 and 4 and go with BT.

The asked for to phone sky and ask for PAC or PAT code, (or something like that). On doing so, sky asked me why I was leaving them. I told it them it was a better deal with BT. They immediately offered to match BT over the phone. So now I enjoy sky, £20 per month better off with all 4 sports channels. A result I thought to myself!