Which music subscription service?

RichA

Visit site
MrsA has Android. I have an iPhone. We share an iPad in the house.
It's just the two of us so we don't need a six person sharing account.

Which unlimited music streaming services would people recommend please?
Are there any where a couple using different devices can share an account without having to pay the same as a family of 6?

I've spent the last hour googling but the search results haven't really helped me decide.

Ta.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
When my kids were younger we had a family apple music account, my daughter at that point had an iPhone. The rest of us had android phones. It was a great app, big fan of it. We don't have it anymore, we ultimately didn't listen to enough music to warrant it and my daughter is in a job and can pay for her own individual account.

I can't compare it to spotify but it was good, simple to use.

I appreciate this doesn't answer part of your question but hope it helps.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
When my kids were younger we had a family apple music account, my daughter at that point had an iPhone. The rest of us had android phones. It was a great app, big fan of it. We don't have it anymore, we ultimately didn't listen to enough music to warrant it and my daughter is in a job and can pay for her own individual account.

I can't compare it to spotify but it was good, simple to use.

I appreciate this doesn't answer part of your question but hope it helps.
Not much between them for me,probably more what you get use to.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
If you’ve not used the free trials I’d sign up with them all one after another.
Should get a good few month out of them all for free.
Plus you’ll see which you prefer.
Also if you cancel Spotify they usually send you a offer of 3 month for the price of 1 to get you back 😉

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Used to have Spotify but found it a little clunky compared to Apple but I’m splitting hairs really. Once I went down the iPad route I stuck with Apple - no complaints. One of the things I like about it is downloading films for when I’m flying.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I use spotify, not sure if others do it but I like how it sends me playlists based on my listening and adds songs when I have my playlist on that it thinks suit my taste.
Yeah good when you play a certain song then it just plays related songs.
End up listening to songs you’ve forgotten about.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Another Tidal fan. I admit to being a hifi bore and when I took the subscription Tidal was renowned as the best sounding streaming service. Don't know if that's still the case, but I haven't felt the need to change.

RichA

Visit site
Thanks for the advice all. In the end we plumped for Amazon Unlimited because MrsA is already familiar with the platform. I find the way it displays search results and manages downloads on my aging iPhone SE slightly awkward and irritating but she's happy and that's obviously the main thing. 😐