Which gps??

Big85

Visit site
Following on from my rangefinder or gps thread… which gps devices are ppl using? Garmin, skycaddy etc
What do you find best? Basic green yardage or a unit that you can move the target around for yardages?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've got a Garmin S12. Fairly basic, front, middle and back, plus bunkers and streams. You can do a little more but that doesn't interest me so you would need to google the spec.

Absolutely does the job. Great battery life, looks smart enough, around £100-£110. I'd happily recommend it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use Hole19 on my phone, it's free. It worked perfectly for about 4 years until the weekend just gone when it was struggling. :LOL: It's excellent for free software though. It's certainly worth a go if you want to try out GPS generally before investing money in one?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I use Hole19 on my phone, it's free. It worked perfectly for about 4 years until the weekend just gone when it was struggling. :LOL: It's excellent for free software though. It's certainly worth a go if you want to try out GPS generally before investing money in one?

I too use Hole19 - I have the premium edition so it works on my apple watch.

Never felt like the GPS was inaccurate, often have the same distances as others using garmin or GPS trollies.

Full map of the hole on your phone if you want to measure distances to obstacles etc

Brilliant statistics analysis too. I enter my drive location (left, right, on or short of fairway), strokes per hole, putts per hole, bunker shots and penalties into the app after each hole and it provides brilliant insight into areas of your game that are issues etc.

Also now a database of every round of golf ive ever played and every course I have visited!

Highly recommend.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I've had a little play with the Taylor Made app, and it seemed pretty easy to use.

Do like the convenience of having a watch on my wrist though, but I'd always just opt for something relatively basic. I played last week just using my peepers and the marker posts and made 3 birdies from hitting within 10 ft of the flag, sometimes instinct is all you need.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I too use Hole19 - I have the premium edition so it works on my apple watch.

Never felt like the GPS was inaccurate, often have the same distances as others using garmin or GPS trollies.

Full map of the hole on your phone if you want to measure distances to obstacles etc

Brilliant statistics analysis too. I enter my drive location (left, right, on or short of fairway), strokes per hole, putts per hole, bunker shots and penalties into the app after each hole and it provides brilliant insight into areas of your game that are issues etc.

Also now a database of every round of golf ive ever played and every course I have visited!

Highly recommend.
This is genuinely a huge thing for me now. I've been using it 4 years or something, and any time I want to recall when I played a certain course or what I scored, I can check the app or my email inbox since they email you after every recorded round. If I one day purchased a proper GPS device I'd still be tempted to enter everything in Hole19 to keep this record going!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
This is genuinely a huge thing for me now. I've been using it 4 years or something, and any time I want to recall when I played a certain course or what I scored, I can check the app or my email inbox since they email you after every recorded round. If I one day purchased a proper GPS device I'd still be tempted to enter everything in Hole19 to keep this record going!

Honestly with 300+ rounds in my app now I think Im stuck using it forever :ROFLMAO:

The course history is awesome too, I didnt realise I had played so many different courses if im honest!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I use the Shot Scope v3 with tracking. Very easy to use, and you get tracking tags that you can put into your clubs to monitor your shots and round. You can follow your rounds on phone, tablet or laptop. The yardages seem to match my friend's laser pretty well, I don't notice it on my wrist when I'm playing, waterproof, and can last 2 rounds before needing a re-charge.
I've looked at the phone apps but glancing at my watch is a lot easier than getting out my phone for every shot, and my phone isn't waterproof.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I use a garmin s2 which offers f/m/b distances only. It’s a great unit and one that even 10hc I think is enough. Ironically it’s only 6 months old and may be up forsale soon as I’m looking at a multipurpose smart watch to track exercise also.