Which Electric Trolley Folds Up the Smallest

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking at getting an electric trolley again. Gave my old one to my mum when she took the game up again in her 70s (plus I kept forgetting to charge the battery as I had nowhere to leave it on charge but now have a garage with power).

Space in my car is limited so want to start my search with those that fold up really small. Any suggestions.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was lucky enough to be asked to take part in the Tested by You feature of the Motocaddy review. They do fold up small, even smaller if you're prepared to fiddle with the wheels.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
new motocaddy m series folds up small when you invert the wheels, i also have the powercaddy c2 which also folds down small, however i have both and the motocaddy is the better trolley, its design is so much better than the powercaddy.
Also with the new m series you can charge the new m series with the battery still in place

Last edited:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
new motocaddy m series folds up small when you invert the wheels, i also have the powercaddy c2 which also folds down small, however i have both and the motocaddy is the better trolley, its design is so much better than the powercaddy.
Interesting - in what way do you feel the M1 is better?

When I was in the market I compared the Powakaddy C2 to the original M1Pro and the C2 was a lot less faff to put up and fold down (two clips instead of 4 or 5). So I bought the C2 even though it was £50 more.

Since owning it, the only issue I have with the C2 is that it seems a bit tail-heavy and it's easy to tip it backwards on upslopes if you are careless.

I must say that the video of the new M1 does look like they've improved it and there are fewer clips to fiddle with.

As for inverting the wheels to fold it up smaller: if you're going to the trouble of taking the wheels off to invert them, why not just leave them off and chuck them in the boot - then it's then even smaller!

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Interesting - in what way do you feel the M1 is better?

When I was in the market I compared the Powakaddy C2 to the original M1Pro and the C2 was a lot less faff to put up and fold down (two clips instead of 4 or 5). So I bought the C2 even though it was £50 more.

Since owning it, the only issue I have with the C2 is that it seems a bit tail-heavy and it's easy to tip it backwards on upslopes if you are careless.

I must say that the video of the new M1 does look like they've improved it and there are fewer clips to fiddle with.

As for inverting the wheels to fold it up smaller: if you're going to the trouble of taking the wheels off to invert them, why not just leave them off and chuck them in the boot - then it's then even smaller!

Even with the wheels off the mottocady is still smaller. I can fit my bag and trolley in the boot and close the boot blind, I can't do that with the c2.
Another thing with the c2 I find it has the bag at a funny angle which make getting the clubs out at the bottom of the bag a pain. With the motocaddy the bag sits a bit more upright so getting clubs in and out easier.

To be honest if the new m series trolleys had not came out the c2 would have done me just fine, as my problems with it are very minor and I used it all last winter.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I own the Gokart and love it but let not lie - its not the smallest by any means - one of its only negatives

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Got a Motocaddy M and a Go Kart.
Motocaddy folds up small and takes up a lot less space and is much more manageable shape!

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
just bought the M1 as going electric again. The GoKart is a nice trolley, but a lot bigger folded and more awkward getting up and down. I have a 2 series coupe and M1 fits fine but no hope with GoKart

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m pretty sure the C2i is the smallest that folds down. There was a video review I saw last week. Shall try and find it.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m pretty sure the C2i is the smallest that folds down. There was a video review I saw last week. Shall try and find it.
The new motocaddy m series have the smallest footprint of all electric trolleys on the market. The c2 is wider than the m series when folded, but it's a little shorter than the m series when folded. I have both and the motocaddy fits better in my boot than the c2