which clubs?

trackdayking

Club Champion
Visit site
First of all Hi! hope you are all well! right i will get on with it!
I've not player for just over 10 years and in that time so much has changed hybrid clubs???? :) I played a good game so I'm no novice any advice on clubs/driver/hybrids ect would be great, I went to american golf and he tryed to sell me mizuno mp52 iron's felt nice but do i need to spend so much? I like the look of mx 100 any good? cheers guy's after all it say's ask the experts! :D

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I brought a set of Mizuno MX950's, a year or so ago from American Golf (only £269) 3 & 4 hybrid and 5-PW and they are really nice clubs and not to pricey, my game has improved a lot since having them..

However, I can hit good long irons and sometimes wish i had a 3 and 4 iron instead! test out the hybrids against the long irons and see which feels the best.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
When you played a few years ago, if you struggled to hit good 3 or 4 irons (most people do) then you will find hybrids easier to use. If, on the other hand, you were a master with the low irons then I'd say you don't really need them.
Did you attain a handicap before and get down to a good standard?
MX100's are considered very much a game improvement club more suited to the novice/high handicapper.
MX200's or 300's would be a better choice if you were mid teen handicap or below and there are plenty of second hand sets around (especially 200's) which can be picked up for just over £200.00 I would think.