Which Brit?

That hat?

• Knock yourself out. If it works who cares?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pick me up when ive stopped laughing- keep it for the fancy dress party

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Scottish - despite our sometimes less than perfect weather I like the strong identity we Scots have that perhaps England is missing these days.
Good lady wife is English so I can't 'dis' the Sassenachs too much! Holiday there frequently and I like England fine.

We want Berwick upon Tweed back :rolleyes:, how can Berwickshire be Scottish and the county town be English?

Ah that's what I want to hear!
Born and bred in Berwick but I am fiercly Scottish as all my family are and anyway I was born in a maternity unit (now closed) which was on the North bank of the Tweed which is after all only occupied territory! :)
Have submitted my vote for the tonight program (Monday coming at 8pm)which is debating the very matter of if Berwick should be in Scotland or that other country it is currently in and hopefully it will go someway towards us reclaiming that occupied territory!!! ;)

mickytwodesks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm a Leicestarian Mancunian, i always write other / English / England on forms and it annoys the Mrs no end. I have a few very good mates from Uni who are Welsh and they give me loads of grief. I cannot look at my phone after England loses to Wales in any sporting event!

heathcliffe

Hacker
soedt-sis
I totally agree with Madandra that if push came to shove etc.
Most Yorkshiremen are of the theory that Sheffield is the largest city in Derbyshire and not the Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire.Also was it not P.G.Wodehouse who said it is not difficult to differentiate between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am a proud Rutlander. Smallest county in England but one of the most attractive.
The 'Other'm category could quite easiy include Exton in Rutland where the Gene Pool only has a shallow end.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I come from Kent. the best thing about Kent is that its a close as i can be to getting out of britain. I used to be proud of being English but since our scottish government has given prioty to every foreign the national pride has Expired!

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
Born and bred in Wales but I have lived and worked and golfed in England so I don't always hate the English . I do like it when we do sometimes beat the 'Enemy' in sport but if Wales aren't playing I will root for any home country particularly if its against the Germans or French.

I can't stand the way the Welsh media go way over the top when it comes to the egg chasers but also can't stand the English media when a non Englishman wins something, ie 'Woosenam wins the Masters' he's British, 'Faldo wins the Masters' he's English.

Rant over.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I come from Kent. the best thing about Kent is that its a close as i can be to getting out of britain. I used to be proud of being English but since our scottish government has given prioty to every foreign the national pride has Expired!

Why do you feel the need to call it SCOTTISH ?????

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Am from the Wirral, or Cheshire as most of you will know it ( No plastic scouser jokes please i have had enough already, i dont ever, never have, or ever will, claim to have ties to liverpool in any way.) :D

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
LOL, Sam. Nice one.

Yes. We shouldn't talk politics, so I won't even mention the fact that Berwick didn't put up much fight to be re-patriated when Maggie brought in the poll tax a year early for Scotland.

Oops. Doh! ;)

Sorry, Dodger. Saw the Berwick thing on the news the other night and had to laugh that you want to be Scottish again now that we have free care for the elderly and don't charge our students a bundle for higher ejumacation. I think you should stay independent... and still at war with Russia from the Crimean campaign. :D

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Northern Irish & British from a mixed religion family, I dont see one over the other to be honest. My family comes first, then work/golf but have to say I have never found myself ever becoming overwhelmed by patriotism, probably since my childhood years were filled with watching the 6 oclock news nightly and seeing yet another shooting/bombing or having to go through search barriers every time I went into belfast. I think if anything it has numbed me to the point I dont feel anything about nationality or pride other than recognising where im from.
Anyway, pulling back to the shallow end, Booo Englander commentators Booo!

DCB

Visit site
Born and bred in Edinburgh, a bit of Scots blood and a bit of Ulster blood in my veins. Married to a "Buddie". Work from an office in East Kilbride hence thoroughly screwed up with deep rooted phsycological problems!

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im a proud Scot by birth and a Fifer by grace of God living in Southern Ireland(just) and working in Northern Ireland.

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
Born and bred in Essex , still here but would like to move to Suffolk when the kids have finished school. Married a Scouser who had come down south looking for real men!(only found one)
In a minority on this forum no one seems to be from this area, although the Kent boys are not too far away and i work in their area quite often.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Basher, I have to ask, Is "other" for people from the Isle of Sheppey - they be the folk with webbed feet and a penchant for incest!

It's the "Worldwide Web," there may be forum members from environs other than GB & Ireland.

I'm a Yorkshireman and fiercely proud of my county. Friendly people who are as tight as the Scots!!!

I too write English on forms which does seem to wind people up. (Don't know why)

Why is it when ever there's a person from Wales on the telly they always have to tell us they're from the small country? With a name like Daffydd or whatever it's pretty bloody obvious where their roots are!
Also, why do Welsh people start talking Welsh when an English/Scottish/Irish person comes near?

Who thought of the typecast when telling English, Scots and Irishman jokes?