Which ball for £15 a dozen

Yorkhacker

Visit site
That is superb value indeed and a ball I like... Cheers Phil.

If you go to Snainton golf they are the same price and you can get 10% of with code SG10. you will have to buy something else to go over £30 to get free postage though.

Alternatively I got 100 ad333 lake balls for just over £50 with 10% off first order through Mail Order Golf. They are in my practice bag, but they are in very good condition and I would have no issue using them on the course. Plus they sent me 110!

albie999

Visit site
This thread got me intrigued, the last few times I have been playing, I have not been holding the greens well .. it seems my game is coming together, and so think I need to look at a ball that has more spin from closer range ... so, dug out whatever balls I have in the garage, and onto the skytrack ... interested in the results. Just to add, my distances were a little down on normal today .. maybe a little tired

Also, I am looking at cost as well .. I cannot afford Pro-V's, due to the amount I can still lose ;) ... but something around £19-£20 for a dozen would do (and in Orange if possible ;))

56-wedge
56-wedge.PNG

7-iron
7-iron.PNG

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This thread got me intrigued, the last few times I have been playing, I have not been holding the greens well .. it seems my game is coming together, and so think I need to look at a ball that has more spin from closer range ... so, dug out whatever balls I have in the garage, and onto the skytrack ... interested in the results. Just to add, my distances were a little down on normal today .. maybe a little tired

Also, I am looking at cost as well .. I cannot afford Pro-V's, due to the amount I can still lose ;) ... but something around £19-£20 for a dozen would do (and in Orange if possible ;))

56-wedge
View attachment 37981

7-iron
View attachment 37980
Some interesting figures there - Slazenger don't do to well on the wedges!! ;)
One thing I would say is you need to change how you worked out your average distances (common mistake in my eyes). With the Pro V1 and 7 iron you hit 124, 124 and 137 which you then averaged out to 128. In my opinion your 7 iron distance with this ball is 124 yards as that is the yardage you hit most of the time. Obviously you have a very small data set (and not necessarily the point of the exercise) but something to bear in mind when calculating your yardages

albie999

Visit site
Some interesting figures there - Slazenger don't do to well on the wedges!! ;)
One thing I would say is you need to change how you worked out your average distances (common mistake in my eyes). With the Pro V1 and 7 iron you hit 124, 124 and 137 which you then averaged out to 128. In my opinion your 7 iron distance with this ball is 124 yards as that is the yardage you hit most of the time. Obviously you have a very small data set (and not necessarily the point of the exercise) but something to bear in mind when calculating your yardages
As mentioned, feel I am a bit down on distance today .. I am usually around the 145-150 with 7 iron, however, always noticed with ProV that my distances are shorter .. usually due to higher spin, or possibly not activating the core enough with my swing speed

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At £15.99 clubhouse golf have the TaylorMade RBZ balls..

Sports Direct have the TaylorMade Soft select (3 piece) £28 for 2 dozen

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
£12.99 a dozen.
lidl-crivit-balls.jpg

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My PP bought 1doz Srixon Q-star divide Red/Yellow for £29.95, so far he's lost 5 in 2 rounds :D:devilish:. He thinks they're on par with his usual ProVs,
I think they look horrendous o_O.

Last edited:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What about colour, what do people prefer white, yellow or orange. Does is make much difference on the course, i.e. is one colour easier to find?

Orange is a poor colour for my eyesight at least.
I am OK with white but yellow is best especially in low light.

IanMcC

Visit site
As is usually the answer to these type of questions, the OP should get professionally fitted by an unbiassed professional, and possibly be prepared to spend a little more on their balls if required.

YorkshireStu

Medal Winner
Visit site
In that price range I’d likely go AD333 or Bridgestone e6/e12 used balls. Work out just less than £1 per ball usually on eBay. I lose a sleeve of balls per round still so not too fussed about them being used if they’re A/Pearl grade.

If I had to go new balls at that price point, I’d probably try out the Inesis options or go to Srixon Distance in winter.