Which ball for £15 a dozen

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all.

Having used AD333 ,Callaway super soft, Wilson chaos golf balls in recent years I suddenly find myself running low and balls seem to have gone up £10 a dozen since I last bought any.

Having had a quick shop around I see Honma A1, Srixon soft feels and Srixon distance all around the £15 a dozen price bracket.... What else should I look at?

I prefer a soft ball, I don't like clicky sound and have a relatively neutral shot shape. 7 iron approx 165yards, 9 handicap.

Cheers all.

Adam

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Srixon soft feels are really good value and a good ball. Avoid the Distance if you don't like a clicky, firm golf ball.
I hated the Kirkland ones when I tried it.
Inesis always used to be good.
Online golf have a 3for2 offer on TM Tour Soft, which are really nice and at £22.90 for a dozen, 3 packs will come out at your budget.

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
If not the AD333 then I've always loved the Bridgestones(E6 etc) for the money although they may have crept up to the £20 mark by now.

EDIT: also can't go wrong with the Wilson Staff balls in the budget range

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

NedPizza

Visit site
What about colour, what do people prefer white, yellow or orange. Does is make much difference on the course, i.e. is one colour easier to find?

albie999

Visit site
I have started playing orange ball the last few weeks, used to play yellow .. but finding them hard to find in the yellowy grass at the moment. I just find that the yellow or orange can see the flight better, and orange def easier to find ;-)

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have a look at Vice Golf, they do good value balls if you buy in bulk - 5 doz + 1 doz free. they are going a bit gimmicky now though with loads of different colour schemes which I think is a bit weird

jamiet7682

Visit site
This is the same price range I usually look at, inesis and and the rbz soft are the ones i tend to buy although im not at a level i can actually tell the difference between a range ball and a pro v1.