Where's your opening tee shot going?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Blimey mate you don't do it by half do you. How did you go over on your ankle? Will you be able to play at the weekend
Both me ankles are knackered, the left ankle I had a ligament reattached 6 years ago. I was fed up of falling over When it went. (They are both knackered due to having rubbish pit boots back in the 70,s and 80’s that offered no ankle support). This time it was the right ankle. Proper knobbed one on a par three. Hit a glorious recovery wedge onto the first cut. But the grass hasn’t been cut for a month and me foot went down a lovely rabbit scraping when walking to the ball. In all honesty it must of looked very funny seeing me go flying trying to turn me electric trolley off as am goin down.
The odd thing is Homer when I do it ( twist me ankle) the pain is purgatory, but within half a mimute the Adrenalin rush is unreal and the pain is gone for 10-15 mins. By that time Ave had Ibuprofen and paracetamol. But guess who had none. Fortunately am only a Tuesday and Thursday golfer.
What bogged me off was I was playing well then I just lost the will to live when the pain kicked in. if I could keep the ball on the fairway I would be ok. 1607113314989.png

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We're back to playing 18 from tomorrow so it's kind of a first tee tee shot- played the back 9 in the week...
It'll be the 4 wood and I'm guessing I'm going to end up in the first cut on the right
Fairway slopes that way and unless you pitch in the left half it almost always runs down there..not a bad place to be normally.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
As it turned out, my first shot was a fade to the right edge of the fairway. Well happy. In fact, I hit every fairway in my nine holes this afternoon (a first), and finished 2 under my new course handicap. Thanks WHS!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Managed to get out today although the back was really sore after hurting it yesterday. Playing our first from 222 yards (should have guessed a double Nelson wouldn't bode well) I took driver and hit a low hook left just past the pond some 60 yards short. Played a sublime pitch to eight feet and rolled the putt in for par

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
1st round yesterday, club winter comp.
Not played for some time due to lockdown in our disease riddled county.
Rocked up to the club on a very cold morning for an 08:30 tee off. It wer chuffin freezing.
Quick swing in the nets and a few putts on the putting green then wandered round to the 1st.
4 ball order with a mate and couple of other members.
Wafted the driver round a bit before teeing one up. Drove one straight down the middle! Chuffed to bits.
Wish the rest of the round panned out the same, but it didn't. Not a good start back after the layup.
There's always next week! :whistle:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Didn't even take my driver out with me so took the 3 wood off the tee and managed a lovely 230yarder to the right side of the fairway. Leaving a 90 yard wedge into the green.

Well happy with that and the rest of the round. Ended up 13 over and 9 of those were from triple bogeys ?. When it went wrong it went really wrong!

Was a joy to be out, especially with the weather as well.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Didn't even take my driver out with me so took the 3 wood off the tee and managed a lovely 230yarder to the right side of the fairway. Leaving a 90 yard wedge into the green.

Well happy with that and the rest of the round. Ended up 13 over and 9 of those were from triple bogeys ?. When it went wrong it went really wrong!

Was a joy to be out, especially with the weather as well.

Sounds like me. I can play 15 really steady holes and chuck three horrors in from nowhere. Sounds like you played decently in the main. What do you play off?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Sounds like me. I can play 15 really steady holes and chuck three horrors in from nowhere. Sounds like you played decently in the main. What do you play off?

I haven't a handicap yet, but I reckon it'll end up coming out about 17 or 18 when I eventually get my cards in. The course was playing very short today so wasn't punished for not taking a driver, but I'd say my approach play was what got me scoring well, the greens were like dartboards with no run on them at all - if you could hit the green it was staying on there.
The birdie was the result of a 42 yard pitch in after 3 very average shots on a par 5, so stole that one really.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I haven't a handicap yet, but I reckon it'll end up coming out about 17 or 18 when I eventually get my cards in. The course was playing very short today so wasn't punished for not taking a driver, but I'd say my approach play was what got me scoring well, the greens were like dartboards with no run on them at all - if you could hit the green it was staying on there.
The birdie was the result of a 42 yard pitch in after 3 very average shots on a par 5, so stole that one really.

I never consider any birdie to be stolen. If you can get your pitching distances dialled in then you can take advantage when the greens are receptive.