Where's your opening tee shot going?

bwstokie

Visit site
First drive was shocking, low dipper left, muscled a 7i out the rough to front edge, chip and a putt for par. Only played 9 but managed 2 under handicap which all things considered is close to a Christmas miracle. 7-9 are quite tough, strokes 1, 4 and 3 and was 1 under through those 3 holes. See what Friday brings, weather permitting!

aaajjj7589

Visit site
I went to the Driving Range today (first round is on Saturday). Lost my distance massively (I usually hit a 7 iron 155 yards - 180 yards) and I reckon I lost a good 40 yards having not played. Shots were all over the shop too, no consistency whatsoever. Best drive of the day was a 247 yard carry just off to the right.

All the progress I had made in the Autumn and the 1 lesson (my first ever) has gone out the window I think so I'm looking forward to getting rid of the cobwebs and having the lessons regularly again that's for sure.

D

Deleted member 1147

Slightly out of the heal, so not too bad , just off the fairway right.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I went to the Driving Range today (first round is on Saturday). Lost my distance massively (I usually hit a 7 iron 155 yards - 180 yards) and I reckon I lost a good 40 yards having not played. Shots were all over the shop too, no consistency whatsoever. Best drive of the day was a 247 yard carry just off to the right.

All the progress I had made in the Autumn and the 1 lesson (my first ever) has gone out the window I think so I'm looking forward to getting rid of the cobwebs and having the lessons regularly again that's for sure.

Got my first range session tomorrow. Not sure I can say I'm looking forward to it. Playing Sunday so got a few days to hit balls and going to the club Saturday to work on all things pitching, chipping and putting

Ssshank

Visit site
Huge loss in distance, very poor contact.

Remembered what I did pre-lockdown which was the Justin rose pump drill.

Worked for the last two holes :LOL:

Having looked at the forecast may be a while until I can venture back out on the course. The range isn't appealing to me this year.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hit the range. Started badly with a dose of the sockets. Managed to find something and the centre of the club and definitely felt the club was coming out in front of me which was pleasing rather than the steep tree-chopping action I usually get after a lay off. Driver was in and out and a work in progress. Felt a little rushed for some reason and I could have/should have taken more time. Back to the range tomorrow so exactly what I plan to do. Club on Saturday for putting and short game work and ready for my 12 points for 9 holes on Sunday..... flat out

D

Deleted member 15344

Hit the range. Started badly with a dose of the sockets. Managed to find something and the centre of the club and definitely felt the club was coming out in front of me which was pleasing rather than the steep tree-chopping action I usually get after a lay off. Driver was in and out and a work in progress. Felt a little rushed for some reason and I could have/should have taken more time. Back to the range tomorrow so exactly what I plan to do. Club on Saturday for putting and short game work and ready for my 12 points for 9 holes on Sunday..... flat out

?! Is this in the wrong thread. Where did your first tee shot go ?

D

Deleted member 15344

So someone else (post #45) posted very similar about hitting the range yesterday but you didn't bother to pull them up. Playing the poster in typical LP fashion looking to score cheap points.
Apologies just thought you may have posted in the wrong thread that’s all ?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Our 1st is tighter than a ducks proverbial, so I'll take the mid iron as per and hit down the middle, short iron on and hope the putter is working.
So today was the day. 5 iron left side of fairway. PW to about 6 feet, single putt for birdie.
And that was the highlight. Lost ball plugged left of green on 2, bogey 6 on three and then just a slog in the teeming rain. They put us out of our misery and closed the course halfway round.
But who cares? I was out playing golf again.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Straight down the middle, Boom. Went over on me ankle on the 7th and me back and ankle were thrashing for the rest of the round. Wished I had not gone