Where's your opening tee shot going?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
For an online piece we'll collate our favourite thoughts, predictions, high hopes and underlying anxieties as we get back on the course next Wednesday... assuming we can get a tee time

(These are working well so thanks for all your input)

bwstokie

Visit site
I’ll aim down the left for a gentle fade and end up smashing it miles right into the middle of the second fairway. Hit and hope PW over the tree to somewhere on the green, two putts for par ?

That’s what happened last time anyway!

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Not hit a ball since October 1st, so it could go anywhere! :D Luckily it's a practice round I've just managed to book before the competition on Sunday.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Most likely, a hook towards the rough and trees down the left side of the fairway. Quite possibly a high power fade into the trees down the right. To be honest, as long as it goes further than the reds, it's a bonus :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
For an online piece we'll collate our favourite thoughts, predictions, high hopes and underlying anxieties as we get back on the course next Wednesday... assuming we can get a tee time

(These are working well so thanks for all your input)
Don't forget that some of us have not been off the course as Scotland didn't close its courses down. But as we are asked to get to the course no more than 15 minutes before the tee-off time then (or at least it has been) it's tee in the ground, one practice swing and then hit down the middleish either straight or with a slight fade.

FELL75

Visit site
Par 3 of around 220 yards off the whites. I'm going 170 and right and blocked by the trees over there. Magic recovery and the obligatory 3 stab
I'm going off yellows, depending on wind should be a 7 iron. Worried about trouble on right so will pull left. Chip and two putts for an opening bogey?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First shot after lockdown 1 went straight along the ground for about 150 yards (The range was not open to warm up on first).

At least time round the range should be open to warm up on first so it's back to normal. Normal being 40% on the fairway 30% trees left and 30% trees right.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
When my back is stiff I hit it pretty straight so most likely right side of the fairway just a lot shorter than usual! It’ll be more interesting where the tee shot on the 4th will go once I’ve warmed up ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm going off yellows, depending on wind should be a 7 iron. Worried about trouble on right so will pull left. Chip and two putts for an opening bogey?

Wuss. Man up and make your one point like the rest of us. Off the yellows it's probably a 6 iron or a 5 hybrid if the flag is at the back. In which case the hybrid is going left into left hand bunker, splash out, (well fat it out) and three putt