When.......?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
When will I string 2 decent 9's together!!??

It's either a decent from, dodgy back or vice versa - it's bloody infuriating!! :mad:

Still, taught Fragger a thing or two about driving today - the 910 pummelled the R11 into submission. Having said that I did have a go with Fragger's driver on the 9th and stroked one about 250 down the middle. I've never doubted the performance of the R11 - just the look, and I still don't like it. A couple of real corkers from the 910 - 265 and 275 yards just rubbed it in!

So today it was 19 points out (+3) and 15 back (+7), including a lost ball on the 3rd that was a bit unusual. A good drive left me a 4 iron to the green (par5) and I made a good solid contact, straight divot, mark in the middle of the face of the club but the ball disappeared, none of us saw it in flight at all, not a clue where it went. Dropped another and salvaged a point. A couple of birdies and 13 putts later and that was a good front 9. Back 9 I had 2 doubles and 2 3 putts but slavaged another point on the 17th. A snap-hook into the bushes and I could only just drop out, still tight against the brambles all I could do was hack it 50 yards. Still 240 to the middle into the wind. It's now a par 3 (no shot) so I let fly with the 3 wood - if I lay up I've still got to get up'n'down for a point. A career 3 wood, drawn around a tree and onto the green - lovely - 2 putts and a salvaged point.
Fragger didn't have a good front 9 - in fact the number 9 appeared as his score at the turn but the did shoot 18 back. The R11 wasn't behaving but that had much to do with Fragger's insistence on trying to smash the ball into next month every time.
I was trying to slow/smooth my tempo today and for the most part it worked well, I felt I hit the ball much better.
So smooth = better after all.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like your on the brink of shooting a good score,keep persevering and one day it will all click,dont know about you but i feel a really good rounds just around the corner.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't mention 250+ yard drives on here.

Listen mate i'd imagine 9 out of 10 players on here can hit it 250+, the challenge or difficulty is doing it consistently, as the OP alludes to in his post.

The real barometer is your handicap which, as anyone gains more consistency, drops accordingly.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
You need a Nike.

Hit one 286 today. Ok, down wind, but heck, it was out there. On the short stuff too.

Haven't lost a ball since Christmas either.

TM, Titleist, Paff, I chew them up and spit them out.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
You need a Nike.

Hit one 286 today. Ok, down wind, but heck, it was out there. On the short stuff too.

Haven't lost a ball since Christmas either.

TM, Titleist, Paff, I chew them up and spit them out.

Got a nike 3 wood with a stiff shaft after the driver experience and it goes miles, especially off the tee.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Don't mention 250+ yard drives on here.

The difference with Imurg is some of us have seen him do it. Was it 283yds at the Ascot forum meet on the 14th las year? Shame it wasn't longest drive wasn't it? Now who was it that won that :D

Imurg, Sounds to me like you're not far away from a good score, they don't come around too often so stick in there and it will come

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
273 and yours was 275 yer Bassa!!

It's close, I can feel it.
Got a feeling when it does click I'm going to throw in a really good one. Especially now the driver is helping me rather than hindering me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A good score nonetheless given your recent handicap history and regular cuts. I thought Fragger would struggle but I'm sure once he and his new wunderclub become best buddies he'll give you a run again.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
OP I would be happy with that. In recent times I found myself regularly shooting one under or one over on either front or back nine, but the other half was seeing me shoot anything from 10 to 26 over..lol

My best round of recent times was my last, going round feeling sea sick, with headache and lots of numbness and falling over twice by the end yet shooting 81 off 10 h/c.
My best achievement ever in 30 odd years of golf simply because I had to work so hard just to play the round.