When do you think you will next play golf?

Fore Right!

Visit site
hoping mid March ...but more likely April. At the moment with the weather and as I'm still working not an issue but once the warmer / drier weather starts I'll want to be out as much as possible (accepting Club will still have restrictions on number of bookings)

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Staff at my club have been told that they are expecting to reopen mid-April... I have no idea what that is based on, but it is what staff have been told.

D

Deleted member 18588

I'm fully expecting to be able to at least visit a driving range come the 8th of March. Hopefully, a round of golf shortly after (y)
Why would you expect ranges to open up before courses?

After all the former are relatively confined and presumably, therefore, more likely to be a transmission site for the virus.

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Why would you expect ranges to open up before courses?

After all the former are relatively confined and presumably, therefore, more likely to be a transmission site for the virus.

They have closed and opened at the same time round these parts, meaning I'll go and hit some balls at the range and if I have time play a round after. *shrugs*

D-S

Visit site
Staff at my club have been told that they are expecting to reopen mid-April... I have no idea what that is based on, but it is what staff have been told.
If they are catering staff, this looks like a sensible guess as I would assume clubhouses initially will be closed with maybe a limited takeaway service. I would be surprised if golf courses aren’t open by the first week of March, just compare the trajectories of the numbers from lockdown 1 vs this lockdown, patients in hospital dropped by over 3000 per week. Once the numbers start falling properly the drop is fast and they always said that easing will be based on numbers.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
In the nicest possible way, it is somewhat funny that Scotland kept golf open but the courses keep closing due to weather :ROFLMAO:
Weather forecast for today here is terrible (heavy rain) so there is hardly anyone booked to go out and play - but it's actually dry and OK at the moment - may just have a long lunch break and get in nine holes.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Today and Tomorrow by the looks of things all the snow went at Nairn so got out for a game at 9.22, a few winter greens, but other than that not bad. quite a strong east wind. first game in 10 days. round in under 2 hours (y)

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
May as well go optimistic and post - morning papers suggest golf will be back between 8th March (school returns) and end of March, before outdoor eating at pubs by Easter.

I expect these "leaks" are to test the water of public opinion. First two seem sensible given Covid progress, not sure about hospitality but risk greatly reduced outdoors i guess.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
May as well go optimistic and post - morning papers suggest golf will be back between 8th March (school returns) and end of March, before outdoor eating at pubs by Easter.

I expect these "leaks" are to test the water of public opinion. First two seem sensible given Covid progress, not sure about hospitality but risk greatly reduced outdoors i guess.

I’m going to try and ignore the leaks and hope they are inaccurate. I say that because, apparently, The Sunday Times is saying end of March but restricted to 2-balls.

If true that will mean 9 holes only at ours for the foreseeable. Genuinely not worth it in my book. If it’s going to be safe enough in April to sit in a pub beer garden it’s safe enough a couple of weeks earlier to play as a 4-ball.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I see no reason why golf shouldn't return at the same time as the schools reopen. I'm hopeful 8th March or very soon afterwards.