When do you think you will next play golf?

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hopefully in about 2 weeks if restrictions are relaxed in Wales. It may well have to be at another course though as it seems the wet weather has taken its toll on ours and wellies would be needed to play it.

gopher99

Visit site
Blimey, how many people play there? And how good a condition is it compared to 2016?

It’s difficult to tell how many people actually are members there, it’s not in as good condition as it was in the olympics. They only really get it in top condition for tournaments, the main courses that people play in Rio are the private clubs Gávea and Itanhanga. Golf isn’t widely played in Rio at all, it’s too expensive for most people. You will find the locals playing sports on the beach or soccer on the astro turf pitches by the beach.

Visit site
The only consoling factor that keeps me going. is that our course has been waterlogged throughout the whole of January, and thus closed for play.
If the weather turns for the better through February, I may start to get a little tetchy. It amazes me that the poison dwarf north of the border is allowing golf, and yet it seems to have been hardly mentioned in England. Or have I missed something?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
If golf is allowed but “local only” should clubs allow a sort of membership swap scheme so people who’s clubs are not local can play at a course that is?

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
If golf is allowed but “local only” should clubs allow a sort of membership swap scheme so people who’s clubs are not local can play at a course that is?
Local will also need to be defined, else golfers are going to see themselves fined. Personally can't see us playing again until more of the economy is opened out.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

When we had the "Local only" restrictions in Wales in the Autumn, they refused to define local, then they decided it was County Boundaries. The clubs set up reciprocals, so there were 3 clubs I could play instead of my home one... that was good! Don't mind if we go into that again.

Daft thing is that 2 of the 3 were much further than driving to my home course...

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
This happened in my area during the last lockdown. Worked really well by all accounts.

I've in "Monmouthshire" and play at Newport... (Gwent/Newport Met Borough etc) - we were able to play at either Monmouthshire GC, Rolls of Mon or Woodlake Park... so one of my PPs who in same are as me rotated round the three...worked well.

Wonder what Drakeford will say today? I suspect no golf/no changes for the next 3 weeks minimum.