When do you think you will next play golf?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anybody's club not opening. Saw one post from a club that was put on Facebook that they would not be opening as without the revenue streams of clubhouse, guests, societies etc it was not financially viable

BumbleBee

Visit site
Anybody's club not opening. Saw one post from a club that was put on Facebook that they would not be opening as without the revenue streams of clubhouse, guests, societies etc it was not financially viable

Think our club will be OK. Paid my dir deb regardless and I think vast majority will see it through.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
At 11 am tomorrow we can start to book as 2 ball to play Wednesday onwards playing 9 holes only, this to be reviewed after Friday and decision whether to stay as 9 holes only or move to 18 will be made.
:D

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Starting out limited to 9 holes every three days unless tee times remain unfilled, then you can book to play "today"
Quite conservative but I guess they're worried the entire membership will want to play every day.
I suspect once demand is clearer there might be more availability.
Really well drafted explanation, someone's spent all day on it.

sunshine

Visit site
Starting out limited to 9 holes every three days unless tee times remain unfilled, then you can book to play "today"
Quite conservative but I guess they're worried the entire membership will want to play every day.
I suspect once demand is clearer there might be more availability.
Really well drafted explanation, someone's spent all day on it.

That is quite conservative! Where do you play and is it a private club?

Bit harsh on working people who will only get to play 9 holes at the weekend. On the other hand I know people on furlough who will be desperate to play every day on the basis they will be back at work in a couple of weeks. There's no easy answer.

NearHull

Visit site
BRS opening at noon....................it’ll be Fastest Finger First !

Captain, Vice Captain, Ladies Captain and partner plus Chairman and partner are pre loaded to lead off the first. I’ve no issue with that, they do put the hours and effort into running the club, particularly during this lockdown period.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Some times left for both front and back nine for tomorrow especially around 2.00-3.00pm which surprises me. Thought everyone would want a game. I've got the finger poised for Thursday to come out so I can get a late time and decided to bite the bullet and play

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I figured most would want to get out in the morning, so I've booked for 3:30 and couldn't be happier!

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Our club isn't opening, but there isn't an explanation as to why. If I were to guess, I would imagine that it may well be the same answer though - they're not sure how they are going to make a profit with the current restrictions.

They rent off the council, and it isn't cheap, so my guess is that the council gave them a 'rent holiday' until they open up again. If that is the case though, I wonder what the council will think about this move...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does that mean.....
Course open 3 days a week..?
Or
Each person limited to play 3 days per week....?
Morpeth is similar. Restricted to 2 games midweek, once at the weekend. 3 times max. 18 holes though as they don't have a shorter loop.

It's a numbers game really, how many members do you have?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Any idea if that is a club with members that have paid fees? If it is, I doubt they will have any members in the future. Shocking!