When do you think you will next play golf?

robbeh32

Visit site
I honestly think they will relax lockdown to before end of april but social distancing will remain a thing and mass gatherings not being allowed also. Don't ask me why I think this because I have no evidence!

Golf_Mad

Visit site
Big dilemma!!!!!

I am cleaning clubs and tidying golf bag.

At this time of year I take out the woolly hat, winter mitts and extra towels and put in sun cream!

I wonder if all the winter stuff needs to stay put in case my next round is in the blooming winter! :)

This is what I do once the clocks go forward so I would of been doing this, this week. I feel depressed now.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I honestly think they will relax lockdown to before end of april but social distancing will remain a thing and mass gatherings not being allowed also. Don't ask me why I think this because I have no evidence!
i think this too. I just don't think you can keep people locked up for that long. just my opinion though

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
I may have been overly hopeful.
I moved my clubs, and golfing paraphernalia, from my “winter” carry bag into my “summer” trolley bag.
Perhaps I’ll be carrying again next time I play ??
I did the same - did manage to get one round in with the trolley.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
i think this too. I just don't think you can keep people locked up for that long. just my opinion though
I thought April to May was the predicted peak for the virus, surely that's not the right time to relax the lockdown. They wouldn't start to relax until numbers of the disease have fallen sufficiently I'd have thought.

Doodle

Visit site
Spoke to one of our consultants and like me desperate to play but he thinks given the data he's seen, late August/September would be the earliest. His fear is we get a second wave as restrictions slowly get lifted which will shut courses again for a bit

If you are correct, there won't be many clubs that survive this.
There are huge costs involved running a golf club, even with some staff laid off.
If we lose a whole summer, we are stuffed.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Months. But looking on the bright side of that I find that I play some of my best golf after a long lay-off - so looking forward to a blistering late autumn and winter season :)

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought April to May was the predicted peak for the virus, surely that's not the right time to relax the lockdown. They wouldn't start to relax until numbers of the disease have fallen sufficiently I'd have thought.
my interpretation is they don't know when the peak will be. they said they'll know in 2 weeks. I just think they'll have another week or too maybe stricter lockdown and start to lift off with restrictions. I'm conscious I may be dreaming

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
There's no logical reason for extending a restriction on outdoor activity beyond June.
The virus is here, it will stay, the key is to find a way to mitigate it's impact once the first wave of infection subsides.

If you are in the at risk group, then you take the relevant precautions to minimise your risk of infection.

People need to step away from the notion that we can't go back to something resembling a normal lifestyle for month and months.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
my interpretation is they don't know when the peak will be. they said they'll know in 2 weeks. I just think they'll have another week or too maybe stricter lockdown and start to lift off with restrictions. I'm conscious I may be dreaming
If they don't know when the peak is, that suggests it will be later on rather than sooner doesn't it? To me that means numbers are still on the rise and they don't know when they're going to stop rising - which is not really a positive sign.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
If they don't know when the peak is, that suggests it will be later on rather than sooner doesn't it? To me that means numbers are still on the rise and they don't know when they're going to stop rising - which is not really a positive sign.
all I know is she said the figures in the next 2 weeks will determine alot. I suppose anything else beyond that is a mystery. maybe then will be the peak? sorry, dreaming again

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
all I know is she said the figures in the next 2 weeks will determine alot. I suppose anything else beyond that is a mystery. maybe then will be the peak? sorry, dreaming again
Well fingers crossed anyway! I guess I'm more the kind of person to picture the worst scenario and hopefully be pleasantly surprised, rather than hope for the best and be disappointed. :sneaky:

User20204

Visit site
If you are correct, there won't be many clubs that survive this.
There are huge costs involved running a golf club, even with some staff laid off.
If we lose a whole summer, we are stuffed.

Only the strongest survive, it must be true, I read it on here.

User20204

Visit site
Italy is still averaging 700 deaths a day, they reckon they may just be entering their peak. I suggest we get used to how things are for now cause I doubt we'll see much change within the next 4 - 6 weeks.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Italy is still averaging 700 deaths a day, they reckon they may just be entering their peak. I suggest we get used to how things are for now cause I doubt we'll see much change within the next 4 - 6 weeks.
i dont quite agree. the predictions that we where 2 weeks behind Italy didn't quite pan out. Italy and Spain is a different beast altogether and what is happening there won't quite unravel here. imo of course.
according to the ghaph we are more aligned to France. that's not to say we won't have another extended lockdown though, I agree

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
i dont quite agree. the predictions that we where 2 weeks behind Italy didn't quite pan out. Italy and Spain is a different beast altogether and what is happening there won't quite unravel here. imo of course.
according to the ghaph we are more aligned to France. that's not to say we won't have another extended lockdown though, I agree

While the results in the UK for the last two days are encouraging, it's too early to say that there won't be another spike in cases.
We've had lockdown in Spain for 3 weeks and the numbers are still going up.

Nobody knows how the cases are being recorded either. Typically in Spain 1500 people a day will die. with some hospitals at crisis point, it's hard to ascertain how accurate the cause of death statistics will be.

User20204

Visit site

You don't quite agree we'll see no change in our restricted life within the next 4 - 6 weeks ? So I presume you do think we will see a reduction, well I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm not sure the use of the word 'peak' in the context of 'flattening' gives the right message. If the virus had been left to run amok then there would most certainly have been a very high and deadly 'peak' - albeit short lived. But the effect of 'flattening' is actually more akin to creating a plateau - with the plateau hopefully being at or under the capacity of the NHS to cope - but possibly lasting quite a bit longer than a rapid climb to a peak and then fall. It may be that we'll reach the plateau level in a couple or three weeks - but will probably stay there for quite some time. Clearly then we can't even think about relaxing things until numbers of cases is found to be falling from the plateau level - and possibly for some time.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
You don't quite agree we'll see no change in our restricted life within the next 4 - 6 weeks ? So I presume you do think we will see a reduction, well I hope you're right and I'm wrong.
i think after these 3 weeks we'll get another week or two of the same or stricter measures then a lift but with restrictions like those before the lockdown