When do you think you will next play golf?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I dont get the members only. the way I see it is every person on the course has covid. members or visitors. I will treat all members and visitors like they have the plague and stay away

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
as suspected, just checked the booking sheets for both the clubs i'm a member at and all the advanced bookings, including the roll up booking for MWF group who still had booking for the next few weeks.... all blocked out;)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I dont get the members only. the way I see it is every person on the course has covid. members or visitors. I will treat all members and visitors like they have the plague and stay away

I assumed differentiation was because members will it not be paying green fees, members can go from car to first tee...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I assumed differentiation was because members will it not be paying green fees, members can go from car to first tee...
Some clubs have a membership where you pay a reduced green fee.....so they'd have to pay by card.
I think it's more to do with being able to control actions on the course with threats of suspension or in extreme cases crucifixion...

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
got an email from our place last night saying that if and when an announcement is made, all existing bookings will be deleted and it will be a case of starting again. makes sense as it's currently chokka with 4 balls at 8 minute intervals, both of those are unlikely to be allowed when we first go back.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I am hearing that is the case in Scotland too.
Not Monday but Monday 11th.

Spoke to my mate who is on the county and he's not heard or seen anything coming through "official channels" to suggest that 11th May is/has been agreed. Will have to see but his words were "nonsense".

Maybe you heard from a better/more informed source and its still to be filtered down? At present I'm not convinced we will see anything happening.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Spoke to my mate who is on the county and he's not heard or seen anything coming through "official channels" to suggest that 11th May is/has been agreed. Will have to see but his words were "nonsense".

Maybe you heard from a better/more informed source and its still to be filtered down? At present I'm not convinced we will see anything happening.

Let's just say that I will be very disappointed if the source I heard this from made it up!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Less people, less chance of contact. I’m a member at a crown club and no doubt the place would be heaving if visitors were allowed.
but there should be no difference. you should stay away from everyone no matter how many or who they are if that makes sense. the course can only be so busy. I would completely agree if clubhouse and proshop was open but I don't get it otherwise

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
but there should be no difference. you should stay away from everyone no matter how many or who they are if that makes sense. the course can only be so busy. I would completely agree if clubhouse and proshop was open but I don't get it otherwise
How are non members supposed to book a tee time? The only way would be to go into the pro shop. They will be the people who just turn up and make the car park and any other areas busy. A limited number of people in the pro shop and on the first tee will create queues, like at Sainsbury’s and we all know that’s probably our biggest risk area.
A member books online and turns up 10 minutes before reducing any risk. Members are much more likely to respect the rules too.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
How are non members supposed to book a tee time? The only way would be to go into the pro shop. They will be the people who just turn up and make the car park and any other areas busy. A limited number of people in the pro shop and on the first tee will create queues, like at Sainsbury’s and we all know that’s probably our biggest risk area.
A member books online and turns up 10 minutes before reducing any risk. Members are much more likely to respect the rules too.

I don’t agree with that at all. I’d say less than half my mates are members, and we regularly visit away courses. Not once have we disrespected rules simply as it isn’t our club.

i do agree it should start with members only, even if for a short period so that all members can play when they wish. After all, they’ve paid subs for 6 weeks with nothing in return.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i suppose. my club has said it will take payment over the phone and visitors will park in the visitors car park and walk straight to the first tee. you might get the odd chancer I suppose

peld

Visit site
Members have the stick to follow the rules because that if they fail to obey the measure they can be kicked out, hence I do think it’s safer for it to members only at the beginning

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Telephone or the new fangled internet booking type thingy?

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I don’t agree with that at all. I’d say less than half my mates are members, and we regularly visit away courses. Not once have we disrespected rules simply as it isn’t our club.

i do agree it should start with members only, even if for a short period so that all members can play when they wish. After all, they’ve paid subs for 6 weeks with nothing in return.
I salute you, it’s great to see non members respecting the course but, although a bit of a generalisation, it’s not what we see at our place. Trolleys on greens, buggies driving through GUR etc etc the mind boggles! With this lack of common sense and respect I doubt these same visitors would pay much attention to the current situation. Again, this statement does not apply to all visitors