Wheeler Dealer

WWG

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Only started 7 months ago, and bought a cheap set of Dunlop's. In the bag was a 420 head 10.5* driver. Probably good value for money, but hard to control. Went on eBay and spent £4.50 on a 17 year old callaway great big Bertha. This was a little more consistent than the Dunlop, and drove the ball a little further. I had no real intention on changing this club until I was offered a mint condition TM R15 for £65. I couldn't say no, and this club improved my driving. I sold the great big bertha for £20, a £15 profit. A low handicapper I play with kept nagging me about the r15 and has been desperate to land himself a bargain, as I did. He suggested that I try his mint condition TM burner, and if I liked it he would give it to me on the condition I sold him the r15 for what I paid. I have now played 2 rounds with the burner, and get on with it better than the r15. The deal is now done. In short, after giving up on the Dunlop, I have acquired a TM burner for nothing, plus the £15 I made on the callaway. I just wish this sort of thing would always happen to me.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep, the only winner in that deal was the other guy, he got a great deal by getting rid of his burner and getting a great r15 in return for peanuts.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
but the op is happy ,he has made what to him is an upgrade of being able to hit ,rather than monetary value,put yourself in his shoes ,would you like a brand new mint G30 that go`ok
or would you want to have the R1 that is a couple of years old that you can hit like god .
op has chosen the burner as he can hit it better.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Sounds like you've both done pretty good out of the deal.
If you're both happy, then happy days 👍

WWG

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Yep, the only winner in that deal was the other guy, he got a great deal by getting rid of his burner and getting a great r15 in return for peanuts.

Noooo. The burner would have cost me about £60, and the R15 I could have sold on ebay for about £125 less selling fees (£110). The difference being about £50. Whereas I sold the club for £65. Yes, my friend got a bargain, but don't forget, he gave me a club worth £60, which meant his real outlay was about £110. I on the optherhand got a driver I can strike better than the R15, and £15 profit from the Big Bertha.

WWG

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Depends what burner it is, aero burner or 08 burner,

No relevance. I end up with a free driver that I hit well, and a £15 profit from the sale of the Callaway.

As it happens, I will explain why the club works for me. The R15 is a great driver, as it is adjustable and very light, not to mention full of technology. This makes it ideal for a better golfer. The Burner is heavier, and the shaft longer, making it ideal for a golfer with slower swing. My friend is a low handicapper, whereas I am pretty crap. We both benefit !!