What's your choice of ball and why?

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Re: What's you choice of ball and why?

I see a few mention about the cover on the pro v1s carving up.that is my only grumble other than the price about the pro v1 is that after a round with the wedges they can look awful and beat up I been finding my wedges are carving up the ad333 tours i been using too .im thinking about trying the Wilson dx3 urethane see how they cope .

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site

I see a few mention about the cover on the pro v1s carving up.that is my only grumble other than the price about the pro v1 is that after a round with the wedges they can look awful and beat up I been finding my wedges are carving up the ad333 tours i been using too .im thinking about trying the Wilson dx3 urethane see how they cope .

I'll cope like the AD333 Tour. I found one in decent condition and played with it for a few holes and it cut up. Not nearly as much as the FG Tour or Pro V1s but still cut up.

Dunlop DP1 covers also rip up. Buy urethane and you are sacrificing durability in return for increased control.

Last edited:

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Very seldom cut up the pro v's ............ must be doing something wrong ha

The new ones from last year and this year are so much more durable than they used to be, not having the cutting issue either. Must have hit 7 or 8 trees with one today and it was fine.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I have a big box of lake balls in my boot for general play (all titliest) I have 5 boxes of velocitys left unopened that were for my events but have switched to the Bridgestone e6 of which I got 10 boxes whilst their deal with on (2 boxes for £30) also because the fact their pulling out the uk market stocked up after I found I liked them.

D

Deleted member 16999

Tomorrow at Carnoustie I will be using Pro V1's simply because I found 5 in 2 days at Trump😃

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Like Smiffy, I'm using the Bridgestone 330rxs at the moment as I bought on the same deal. I've used them before and liked them, but this time round they don't seem to behave so well for me. They weren't flying so far, and are not really stopping on our small, firm and fast greens.

I have found this too.
One of my 4 iron shots yesterday only went about 30 yards........:eek::eek::eek:

Am seriously thinking of going back to the old "Supersofts"....all joking aside, they do seem to travel better off the driver.
And they stop quicker on the greens. Definitely.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Im using the Vice Pro+ at the moment and have been since the back end of last year. I have previously used ProV1/ProV1x religiously as I was given 3 dozen of each on a corporate golf day. Really want to try the Nike RZN Platinum though as i have heard some really good stuff.

Mozza73

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Titleist DT Solo lake balls.

Decent enough ball for a great price.

CMNI

Club Champion
Visit site
Normally play Callaway, but I have just picked up a pack of Taylormade Xp- LDP for £9.99 in sports direct to use on the courses I know I lose balls.

Can't find any info. on them anywhere, but they feel nice haha. Anyone played them or able to shed a little light on the ball?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Am seriously thinking of going back to the old "Supersofts"....all joking aside, they do seem to travel better off the driver.
And they stop quicker on the greens. Definitely.

How do they feel off the face of your chipper? :)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pretty much any of the premium balls. At present there's Titliest, TM and Callaway in the bag. I play whichever comes out.

Yep. All the premium balls are so good these days they are interchangeable. I use Mizuno Irons so sometimes get the Mizuno MP ball, but a Pro V1,TM Tour Preferred, Nike RZN and various others seem to be pretty much the same.